Thread: 1,000,000,000,000 games required to reach Dota level 20.

Basic Member

1,000,000,000,000 games required to reach Dota level 20.

As said in subject line, it takes one trillion games to reach dota level 20.

Because the vast majority of games give ZERO trophy points. Wins give no trophy points. Losses give no trophy points. High priority, with no abandons, and won the game, and still no trophy points.

Any nobody seems to care.

No new players who come to dota will ever be able to play ranked again.

Dota will slowly die as old veteran players grow up, get married, and start families, and none of their kids will ever be able to play ranked.

Because it is impossible to get dota level 20 with this bug.

And nobody seems to care.

If Valve's own CEO was to make a new account right now, he would never each level 20 even if he played ten thousand games. He would never play ranked. He would forever be known as the guy nobody ever knew, because he can't play ranked, and his MMR was exactly zero, because he could never get dota level 20.

And nobody seems to care.

Basic Member
    Can you give Dotabuff link?
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Not sure if you can even see my dota level. I just turned on dotabuff for this account, just now, so that you could see it.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/350268420

As you can see, I mostly quit playing about 18 days ago. That's because my dota level wasn't going up, and so I got frustrated.

Tried again with a handful of games about 5 days ago, and those games gave me some trophy points, but like maybe half of them or less than half of them did. So got frustrated, and haven't played the game since.

Basic Member
    http://i.imgur.com/ZKKVEED.png

You have played 65 games on that account. That's within the norm. Before Reborn you needed ~150-200 games to be able to play ranked.
    Your profile level is 14. You need 20.

It's good that new accounts can't play ranked immediately. a) calibration b) cheaters/hackers.
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Oh, so you'd be mighty happy to agree with me only if I had played a trillion games. Then you would cry on my shoulder and tell me how I didn't deserve to still be less than level 20. But until I actually play a trillion games, you will never believe it.

At least one unfortunate soul must play a trillion games to prove that there is a bug in the amount of trophy points being given, so that GermanVeit will believe. Anyone want to volunteer?

Fortunately I'm not dumb enough to actually play a trillion games just to get to level 20.

You obviously didn't read my previous message. I said it stopped giving me trophy points. Read that again several times, very slowly, and perhaps you'll see how I said that it stopped giving me trophy points. But of course, you did read that. But it doesn't matter that I said that. No, you only came here to ask to see if I had really played a trillion games, and to pick on me if I hadn't.

Fair enough though, I obviously exaggerated about the trillion games required, and you came to pick on me for exaggerating. Thanks I guess, but you can stop now because I'm trying to bring attention to a real issue here.
    Last edited by HiRoGliFiQ; 07-17-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Basic Member
    There have been enough false reports on this forum. I don't trust people on this forum.

You could play 10 normal matchmaking games. I already made a screenshot of your experience trophy. If your trophy is still level 30 then something is wrong.
    If you are getting trophy points then your last post is wrong. You are getting trophy points. I did read your post and saw nothing wrong with it. The majority of my games also give me 0 trophy points.
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRoGliFiQ View Post
    Here's a screenshot... shows I have 1,280 Experience Trophy, Level 13, 80/100TP.

I'll post new screenshots as I complete each game, so we can all watch me gain no levels, until this bug is fixed.

https://imgur.com/a/v0QGj
    This is why I don't trust people on this forum.

You have played 4 games since that post. Your experience trophy rose from level 28 to level 30.
    For reference since Reborn was added I've played 202 games and my experience trophy is level 58. And that is perfectly normal.
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: