View Poll Results: Should Fletcher face consequence for his decision ?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    153 87.43%
  • No

    22 12.57%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Dear Fletcher A.K.A Admin of this Box!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Not only would they have done so already, but: the previous issues were corrected manually by Fletcher too, so I assume it wasn't possible back then, why should this be different (we simply don't know)? Also, it's unknown what is the issue that caused the entire cup to be postponed. If there is an issue bad enough to cancel the entire event, it can easily be bad enough to make it impossible to automatically fix it.
    We provided screenshot and ID match with every possible way to tract down each in every match ! And let me tell you, last week there were only less than 100 winner team for tier 5. Would it be that hard for you to identify the correct match with winner ? If not then I am shocking on how small VALVE company really is ! Please give me more reasonable explanation rather than say it is not possible or your assumption !

    As you stated ! Don't put out the product that is not free of essential bug ! It is better to not have Battle Cup at all rather than let the winner feel desperate for mere symbolism and fame ! We are loyal player of DOTA 2 since the very beginning of the game as you can check my Profile to see I have more than 7000 hours of playing with DOTA 2 and understand the game since the very beginning of the time where people hacked with java script from manual console to leech more than thousand of dollar items. Still I do not accept what you said giving everyone 1$ ticket is the only logical way ! That is clearly a lie there and in fact, there are many way you can do to solve such tiny issue ! But you chose to turn your back against your loyal fan ! That is just very bad move and lack of leadership here ! You either fix this or step down and let Fletcher explain for himself ! If you are not involving in fixing the problem by your self and just referring to Fletcher, then you are no lesser coward than Fletcher ! So please tell the person who really fixing the problem say it by himself and make it open box so people can commend rather than make it as the close topic ! By making Close topic, Fletcher clearly know what he will get from the people still, who allowed him to do that and you said no one is resign here ? May be not but replacement may be a better word !
    Last edited by Hamahamieng; 07-30-2016 at 02:07 PM.

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24
    could this be A DDOS attacak ? some loser couldnt live with the loss

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3
    So does this mean even if we can provide the evidence that we won all our matches we still won't get our rewards and have to do it all over again?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JP3432 View Post
    So does this mean even if we can provide the evidence that we won all our matches we still won't get our rewards and have to do it all over again?
    That is what Fletcher and Kryil tried to say ! They dont know what cause the problem at the first place ! All they can do is tract down who ever played to refund the ticket while ignore our evidence because they worry of Photoshoping or exploitation thing ! Even with only less than 100 matches they have to trace back for each tier from 1-7 ( only ~80 winner of battle cup each tier), they do not want to do it since they want to do automatically and it seems refunding is an easier escape from problem than any other resolution for them ! Still the gamer who won are the one got exploited due to their lack of responsibility and work ethic ! That is in my opinion !

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    after 3 weeks of entering BC this is the first time I feel my team plays so coordinated and when we won semi, this happens. I'm not asking for refund at all, just opportunity to queue for grand final next week is enough (can't play at sunday, obviously dota is not 24/7 thing). heck even this time our match was counted as lose at semi even though the match ID recorded as our win. net cafe rental here is expensive enough that one hour could get you one time meal.

    Match ID : 2538046339
    Team : Journey to the east

  6. #16
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamahamieng View Post
    That is what Fletcher and Kryil tried to say ! They dont know what cause the problem at the first place ! All they can do is tract down who ever played to refund the ticket while ignore our evidence because they worry of Photoshoping or exploitation thing ! Even with only less than 100 matches they have to trace back for each tier from 1-7 ( only ~80 winner of battle cup each tier), they do not want to do it since they want to do automatically and it seems refunding is an easier escape from problem than any other resolution for them ! Still the gamer who won are the one got exploited due to their lack of responsibility and work ethic ! That is in my opinion !
    Maybe you missed the point where I said "this is my opinion". I'm a volunteer moderator and not a Valve employee. I have no clue what Fletcher knows/wants/does. I merely tried to give a potential explanation based on the final outcome. I'm also quite sure that this has nothing to do with "work ethic", but with an unreasonable amount of work. Depending on how the battle cup development got structured internally it could even be a one-man job.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Maybe you missed the point where I said "this is my opinion". I'm a volunteer moderator and not a Valve employee. I have no clue what Fletcher knows/wants/does. I merely tried to give a potential explanation based on the final outcome. I'm also quite sure that this has nothing to do with "work ethic", but with an unreasonable amount of work. Depending on how the battle cup development got structured internally it could even be a one-man job.
    You are right, but someone somewhere is responsible for making so many people angry, disappointed and dishearted. Someone must be held accountable for it. It might be a tedious job to make it right but thats what the users want because that is whats fair. anything other than that is just BS. I dont want the free ticket. Valve can take it back.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Maybe you missed the point where I said "this is my opinion". I'm a volunteer moderator and not a Valve employee. I have no clue what Fletcher knows/wants/does. I merely tried to give a potential explanation based on the final outcome. I'm also quite sure that this has nothing to do with "work ethic", but with an unreasonable amount of work. Depending on how the battle cup development got structured internally it could even be a one-man job.
    SO let me ask you simple question ! You sell an item to people and you advertise that item to be good and it turned out to not be as good as you claim ! Now you have many way to solve it ! Now you said you refund with 1$ ticket, but the ticket is not what you sell to people here Kryil ! You sell the Battle Cup and all things come with it ! As you made the ticket price as low as 1$ and there are roughly 10,000 people buy it for each tier which means you gain ~$70,000 for one time play ! The chance of a person win all 3 mathces without failing is ~80/10,000 each tier ! Now, you said because of the problem, happened, you refund people who win all 3 matches the same way you refund the people win 1 match ! The value we are talking here is intrinsic value with the product you sold and promised ! It is unethical to trick people to think your resolution is logical when you treated winning people the same disregard of different types of winning here (win 3 matches vs win 1 match) ! In the competitive gaming that is not fair play at all and you know it ! That is why I said it is work ethic that are lacking here ! Rather than look into solving the problem as best as you can, you guys trying to justify your own fault for not persistence enough in fixing the problem ! That is what I called unethical !

    One man job here can be Fletcher and with the total money Battle Cup earn for Valve, whoever created the Battle Cup event would also get the bonus and that person does not deserve it as in the past 3 weeks problems constantly happening ! It is clearly the system is broken, still you do not provide enough compensation and explanation for the players. And still the creator can not understand how the bug happened ! It is too soon to release and really disappoint thing to see ! If you have pride for your own sht you made, at least fail with your own pride rather than running like a rabbit ! That is the act of coward ! Here I justify all the reason why I called lacking of work ethic and coward.

    For you Kryil, what I mean is that you should not defend Fletcher but rather you should tell him to speak for himself and take responsible for his team or whatever the decision he made ! You are being used by Fletcher as the meat punching bag ! Does it worth it ? If you think the way they treated the winner is logical then I think no way you can understand what I am saying all a long! But if you know what I mean, please tell Fetcher be a man and take responsible for his decision !
    Last edited by Hamahamieng; 07-30-2016 at 02:52 PM.

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1
    Maybe if they gave 15 levels BP and trophy for players who get stuck will be great because it is a waste of time that cant find another match or leave the battle cup.. yeah it seem unfair but not everyone can play for tomorrow.. that is my opinion..

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3
    I just dont get it. The grand finals match score card has already been recorded. Why can't developers just run a script or whatever to find all those who have already won? Yes rescheduling would also be fair for those who have not played a grand finals. But this is so unfair for those who have already played and won. there are probably less than 200 teams who have already won (im even guessing a lot less.) Why not do it manually? Why be lazy and just settle for a reschedule when clearly that isnt what the people wanted. Again scorecards for the grand finals are already OUT! We clearly have a GRAND FINALS VICTORY on our PREVIOUS MATCHES.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •