View Poll Results: Should Fletcher face consequence for his decision ?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

153 87.43%
  • No

22 12.57%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Fletcher A.K.A Admin of this Box!

Dear Fletcher A.K.A Admin of this Box!

I update the reason after the second fail of third week Battle Cup here !

Thank you for new news from DanielJ that we all will receive 2 treasure for participating the Battle Cup today !

Ok Fletcher ! Yesterday I do not understand much of how you compensate the people who won with 1$ ticket ! We provided you the concrete evidence of screen shot and time waiting and hoping for your respond with some logic in it! However, what we got is your sad news to degrade all effort we made ! What you did was eliminate all thing just because your own fault ! No winner ever abandon the server before they win the match ! What you said in your explain box is a lie and you need to give more clear statement ! We abandon because your server was down and the coordinator can not be found ! It happened to all people in CHINA AND SEA REGION that is why you have to reschedule the Battle Cup Event on Sunday because the scale of this issue is massive and you can not handle it ! Rather than give us what we deserve with fairness ! You treat us worse than your enemies (A.K.A League of Legends) by disgrace us with 1$ ticket for intrinsic value thing worth much more than just the ticket and few battle cup point!

Today problem is that you can not fix the problem from yesterday! The critical thing here is that if yesterday you gave us the reward for what we deserved, we would reconsider and stay strong with the Valve support team. Rather than acting supportive like first week you did, however,this time you turned your back against us and expecting that the bug you found is the essential for the fault of the server yesterday. I think that is the most foolish decision you have made. Treating the third week champions much lesser than 1st and 2nd week champions. That is unacceptable. Things does not turn out as you expected and yes it happened again ! I am wondering how many reward you would ditch from the player with your little "Battle Cup" project, but you need to face the fact that it is completely fail at first place since the first week and instead of being diplomatic in resolving the issue, you chose to shut yourself and ignore what people say! Now what goes around comes around ! The new Battlecup Champions who were silent yesterday since they did not win their Battle Cup will feel as what we felt yesterday and raise their voice ! I hope you have a great day enjoying all these complain since people would not feel sympathy for your mistake as you treat people like shit!

What I am saying all here is that there are many ways you can solve a problem, but without generosity and understanding of player feeling, you will loose more than gain! This is when things will go down hill and DOta 2 will lose its feet comparing with other opponent such as LoL. Long run Valve will lose its name, not to mention Microsoft is trying to put Steam down as its Store Apps came out ! Steam/Valve will be a solo fighter from now on! With this shitty support and admin team, I am wondering how long all these DOTA 2 would end... I played DOTA 2 since 2011 and support steam with all I have but let's face the real fact that their support team is just really bad at this state !

You sir, are a reckless ignorance person without the sympathy for gamer and you should not be the admin of this box anymore ! Anyhow if you want here are my proof of your faulty decision of yesterday (pic 1,2,3,4) and today (pic 5,6) !
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    7.png
    8.png
    Last edited by Hamahamieng; 07-31-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Basic Member
    someone voted no :P probably lost really hard in quarters and is happy with a free ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Hamahamieng View Post
    I do not understand much of how you compensate the people who won with 1$ ticket ! We provided you the concrete evidence of screen shot and time waiting and hoping for your respond with some logic in it! However, what we got is your sad news to degrade all effort we made ! What you did was eliminate all thing just because your own fault ! No winner ever abandon the server before they win the match ! What you said in your explain box is a lie and you need to give more clear statement ! We abandon because your server was down and the coordinator can not be found ! It happened to all people in CHINA AND SEA REGION that is why you have to reschedule the Battle Cup Event on Sunday because the scale of this issue is massive and you can not handle it ! Rather than give us what we deserve with fairness ! You treat us worse than your enemies (A.K.A League of Legends) by disgrace us with 1$ ticket for intrinsic value thing worth much more than just the ticket and few battle cup point! You sir, are a reckless ignorance person without the sympathy for gamer and you should not be the admin of this box anymore !
    agree with you sir

Technical difficulties are bound to happen, especially with a feature that new. Fletcher is not going to manually reassign people their wins due to the high numbers of players affected. At the same time they obviously don't want to award the winner price to everyone just for participating. Tomorrow you get your chance in a new try and while this probably kinda sad for some potential winners, rescheduling an event in the case of a total failure is the only logical outcome...

And no, no one is resigning due to this.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Technical difficulties are bound to happen, especially with a feature that new. Fletcher is not going to manually reassign people their wins due to the high numbers of players affected. At the same time they obviously don't want to award the winner price to everyone just for participating. Tomorrow you get your chance in a new try and while this probably kinda sad for some potential winners, rescheduling an event in the case of a total failure is the only logical outcome...

And no, no one is resigning due to this.
    I'm pretty sure they can do it automatically, if they have the list of matchIDs. I'm also pretty sure that they can retrieve matchIDs of all grand final matches quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can do it automatically, if they have the list of matchIDs. I'm also pretty sure that they can retrieve matchIDs of all grand final matches quite easily.
    Not only would they have done so already, but: the previous issues were corrected manually by Fletcher too, so I assume it wasn't possible back then, why should this be different (we simply don't know)? Also, it's unknown what is the issue that caused the entire cup to be postponed. If there is an issue bad enough to cancel the entire event, it can easily be bad enough to make it impossible to automatically fix it.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Not only would they have done so already, but: the previous issues were corrected manually by Fletcher too, so I assume it wasn't possible back then, why should this be different (we simply don't know)? Also, it's unknown what is the issue that caused the entire cup to be postponed. If there is an issue bad enough to cancel the entire event, it can easily be bad enough to make it impossible to automatically fix it.
    It happened last week, so I'd assume they now have a way to do it easily if it were to happen again.

It doesn't even have to be fully automatic. They can just run the commands manually, but not one match at a time.

Well. We don't really care about the bugs. These are the problem from their side, and we're happy to cooperate with them by supporting evidence of battle cup winners. But just by refunding a 1$ ticket, this much like insults our hard efforts. I'm really pissed.
    Remember, we're your customers, you don't just treat your customers like what you want and what benefits you the most.
    Last edited by VTLDragoonAce; 07-30-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Basic Member
    for some of us this was the last nail in coffin. Our wallets are now sealed for steam.
    Can you imagine trying hard for the past 3 weeks to actually win it ? and when you do they take it all away.
    They can easily award the people who won the rewards. its not so hard. I dont blame fletcher. It cant be his decision alone. I blame all of steam.
    I might quit dota all together. been playing since 2006. This has given me a strong reason to quit now.
    a 1 dollar compensation for something worth far greater.
    I will probably Shift to Over watch. Dota and gaben can enjoy their worst customer care services

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    It happened last week, so I'd assume they now have a way to do it easily if it were to happen again.

It doesn't even have to be fully automatic. They can just run the commands manually, but not one match at a time.
    They already did the work of identifying everyone affected and refunding the ticket, so if they are in fact able to identify winners the rest should be fairly easy. So either that is a "political" decision, and I have no clue why they should decide like that, or they just can't without a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by VTLDragoonAce View Post
    Well. We don't really care about the bugs. These are the problem from their side, and we're happy to cooperate with them by supporting evidence of battle cup winners. But just by refunding a 1$ ticket, this much like insults our hard efforts. I'm really pissed.
    Sadly that's not how it works. Bugs in a game, especially in a very new feature, are bound to happen. Depending on what happened a manual restore might be way to much work, so they went with that way.

But anyway, I'm just guessing. It doesn't really matter what I think as it's just another opinion, but I thought chiming into this topic when people are already asking for someone to resign about something like that might be worth it.