Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange punishment

Banned

Strange punishment

So I wanted to check with a dev for this, it seems like something is really off on it. I am for some reason in the Low Priority queue for the next 13 days and "flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked" ETA unknown. I have left exactly 9 games. I remember the punishments before this, it was:

12hours for 2nd abandon, 24 for 4th abandon, 48 for 6th abandon, 72 for 8th abandon. Abandoned my 9th about 5 days ago now.

over the first 4 days, I didn't notice any difference and it did NOT say I was in low priority queue. I logged off early morning of the 16th and I was still able to talk in all the chat just fine, as well as NOT being the low priority queue. I had abandoned my 9th game a few days prior. I logged in again on the evening of the 16th (yesterday) and found that I am now in the low priority queue for the next 13 days and all my communication is literally disabled. I cannot type in chat, I cannot ping the map, I cannot mark where I am going or whose going where on the minimap. I checked my VAC status and I am still in good standing with the community, I have 11 Friendly 6 forgiving 7 teaching 6 leadership commendations, some of which I even received AFTER the 9th abandon.

Was there some extreme change in the abandonment thing, or is my account bugged in some manner? I was literally jumped up from 8 abandons being 72 hours in low priority to 9 abandons (4 days late) being 312 hours in low priority. And my communication revoked. I would love to know whats going on, contacted steam support as well.

I think the punishment system is a bit problematic. I have 7 abandons and never went to low priority. (but i have 600+ matches)

Basic Member
    Reports can also set you to low prio. how many total games have you played? and since you are "flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked" you seem to have been reported ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    "flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked"
    this is 100% was caused by reports.nothing to do with abandoned games.thats why youve been muted and being put in the low priority pool.you sir undoubtedly have been reported many times for flaming.i guess you should learn not to do it again

edit : oh and please dont repeat the same mistake over and over again cz you might get your beta access revoked.be glad this time your punishment was only being put into low priority pool
    Last edited by xXSynXx; 03-17-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordz View Post
    I think the punishment system is a bit problematic. I have 7 abandons and never went to low priority. (but i have 600+ matches)
    I think it takes into account games played between abandons when deciding whether to put you in the low priority queue, but I'm not certain on that one. I've seen a friend who plays a lot avoid the slow queue occasionally, whereas my friend who plays less frequently doesn't escape it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    I think it takes into account games played between abandons when deciding whether to put you in the low priority queue, but I'm not certain on that one. I've seen a friend who plays a lot avoid the slow queue occasionally, whereas my friend who plays less frequently doesn't escape it.
    I have a friend that abandoned once in a ton of matches due to a power failure and got into low priority.

Banned
    And that doesn't make sense -.- I literally had my punishments hit me the game after the 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th abandons. Likewise I know players who have more than double the abandons I have and also troll quite hard and they aren't hit by it. It really does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AREUHAPPYNOW View Post
    Reports can also set you to low prio. how many total games have you played? and since you are "flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked" you seem to have been reported ALOT.
    About 300 games. I don't think I have been reported that much, like I mentioned I have a fair amount of commendations... I didn't earn those by being a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by xXSynXx View Post
    this is 100% was caused by reports.nothing to do with abandoned games.thats why youve been muted and being put in the low priority pool.you sir undoubtedly have been reported many times for flaming.i guess you should learn not to do it again

edit : oh and please dont repeat the same mistake over and over again cz you might get your beta access revoked.be glad this time your punishment was only being put into low priority pool
    It says for abandonment and/or player reports. But then again, I obviously didn't earn my commendations by being nice, thanks for noticing though. Likewise, the mute thing seems extremely over the top. I literally cannot interact with my team. I can read their text, they cannot see my pings, I cannot type in chat. When I try it tells me that "no one can hear you. Your account is flagged as being disruptive and your chat privileges are temporarily revoked." Doesn't say how long, for what, or anything. Pretty sure I got reported in another game because I cannot call SS when that mute is on, and Drow kept over extending hard and dying.

....Also, why did it take 4 days to activate? After I earned several more commendations? And why does my VAC, which is associated with my Steam ID aka the core of my dota 2 account say that I am in good standing?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    In all honesty, I am not noticing much of a difference in the time for the queue. But the writing on my screen is pretty dam noticeable and the mute thing is literally a giant monkey wrench in the game. Likewise, what I thought was how it worked is apparently incorrect, and I have no clue how it really works. Steam Support will get back to me within 2 days I think but... sigh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    And why does my VAC, which is associated with my Steam ID aka the core of my dota 2 account say that I am in good standing?
    VAC is an anti-cheat. It haves nothing to do with the low priority and reports.

Banned
    VAC is an anti-cheat. It haves nothing to do with the low priority and reports.
    It actually does. Or rather, it is supposed to. Typhox said something on another thread about Dota 2 servers not being VAC Enabled right now, which would make it currently having nothing to do with low priority or reports, but if they are VAC Enabled then any games you play through steam are linked to your steam ID, which is the core of them all. For me, that would be Killing Floor, Spiral Knights, and Dota 2. For some that's just Dota 2 and CS. Your VAC helps keep track of them all, and being banned/suspended in one apparently affects them all, though I have never checked into how much it does this. As I said somewhere on here, it kept TF2 mostly civil. Thats pretty good in my book.