Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse hovering over hero to see level is way too small!!!

[Suggestion] Make level of enemy hero readable

Check this picture
    Compare dota1 with dota2. The difference is significant. While you can barely read the level in dota 2, by contrast it s easy to see in dota 1. Please make the font a lot bigger because this small size burns my eyes. Really, Fix it please.
    Hint: this thread is not about the scoreboard itself.

Item Font Size and Level Font Size is the biggest joke I ve seen so far! Look, this is just ridiculous.

YOU SEE HOW BIG IRON BRANCH IS???

Valve, you like trolling???

Step 1: Draw your mouse over an moving enemy or allied hero.
    Step 2: Try to read the number
    Step 3: Fail

I can barely use scoreboard in ongoing fights without missing most of the battle or when I'm chased, scoreboard will fuck me. Simply it wastes too much time until I find out the level. I need to judge fast how much of a threat an enemy is. For me the current interface is more of a downgrade than upgrade. It torches my eyes and needs to be improved.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bashtime; 05-14-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarify

It's ok for me. I use the K/D/A scoreboard to look for enemies level. Just bind it to a easy-to-use-button , like Tab.

it doesnt justify an unreadable small font size imo. You are actually forced to do it this way since level cant be noticed

Agree, I actually thought that maybe it's because I play with 1280*768 in window mode so I see many text in very small. (also some tool tip are very hard to read)
    But the way it is I think it's beautiful, I don't know that if they increase the font size or have a little bit more space between each character it gonna make it more mess or not.

btw. also agree with Mr.Evo that normally when I check other player level I use that score board.
    New to Dota2, never play Dota before| Ok so it's been half a year, still more new thing to learn. The game is awesome. | It's been 3 years, still don't know how to play half of the heroes. The game is the other half of my life now.

I know it. Scoreboard is great. But when you are in team fight you have no time to open scoreboard and check enemies levels.
    And hovering mouse over target display such a small text information...

I often play on Doom and it present some difficulties in comparison with Dota 1
    Last edited by VirJiL; 03-18-2012 at 06:08 AM.

No reasonable arguments against this change imo. Using scoreboard makes my vision smaller cause itz takes 40% of screen. A bigger font is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    It's ok for me. I use the K/D/A scoreboard to look for enemies level. Just bind it to a easy-to-use-button , like Tab.
    I also do exactly this. And while we are at the scoreboard, i have to say that you can even get the updated levels of the enemies when you cant even see them (FOW). For example you can see the level of an enemy jungler, even if you havent seen him in the game at all.

Guess why you are using scoreboard, Because you cant read the level by hovering the mouse. Why are you talking about the score board when it s about the font size. I don't wanna be forced to use KDA board just to see the level. 40% of screen taken away for that information is just stupid.

Basic Member
    Hey guys, what do you think about having the hero levels always displayed to you: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=27180
    I've never played DotA. I don't care how things were done in DotA. This is Dota 2. This is what I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayMeow View Post
    Hey guys, what do you think about having the hero levels always displayed to you: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=27180
    Numerals must be much more bigger but it makes hero portraits be indiscernible