Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Tinker's Heat-Seeking Missle Interacting with Pugna's Decrepify

Basic Member

[Fixed] Tinker's Heat-Seeking Missle Interacting with Pugna's Decrepify

Summary: In game yesterday, me and my good friend decided to do a dual lane as Tinker and Pugna. We noticed that Tinker's Heat-Seaking Missle would not seek targets that were affected by Pugna's Decrepify. This was odd, for Missles that were already traveling to a target that then became decrepified would still hit, for what seemed to be the enhanced damage.

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Get two people playing Tinker and Pugna against bots, they can take Heat-Seeking Missle and Decrepify at level one.
    2. Have the Pugna Decrepify the target, then have Tinker hit the Heat-Seeking Missles.
    3. For added investigation, try having Tinker hit his Missles from a distance, then allowing Pugna to decrepify while the Missles are en route.

Result: Tinker's Rockets will not even target decrepified units if the ability is used while the target is decrepified.

Expected Result: Tinker's Heat-Seeking Missles are a magic damage nuke, and Pugna's Decrepify is specifically designed to enhance magic damage spells.
    I'm not entirely sure if this is not working as intended, though it seems as though Tinker's Missles should be able to target and fire on units that are Decrepified.
    Last edited by blash365; 07-08-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: edited title

http://www.playdota.com/heroes/tinker

• Damage type: magical
    • Does not hit ethereal units (such as targets of Pugna's Decrepify or heroes who use a Ghost Scepter).

from the heroes page, seems not a bug

P.S : for some reason, i remember the actual damage of Tinker's Heat Seeking Missile was Physical because it was based on Fan of Knives

Basic Member
    if it works like eth blade/scepter, your friend can decrepify after the missle projectile is flying and it will land + do the bonus damage

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    http://www.playdota.com/heroes/tinker

Damage type: magical
    Does not hit ethereal units (such as targets of Pugna's Decrepify or heroes who use a Ghost Scepter).
    Exactly, heat-seeking rockets do not damage etheral units.
    Last edited by trena99; 03-17-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Reopening this for a bit.

Missiles do not consider ethereal targets as valid because they are based on fan of knives, as mentioned above.

However, they will still track units if they were valid targets when missile was cast but became ethereal before they are hit. They won't deal damage because they do enhanced spell damage, which doesn't damage ethereal.

The issue here is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfuru View Post
    This was odd, for Missles that were already traveling to a target that then became decrepified would still hit, for what seemed to be the enhanced damage.
    They should not do damage at all. Someone help confirm this in Dota 2.
    Last edited by DLRevan; 03-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    They should not do damage at all. Someone help confirm this in Dota 2.
    I can confirm this. Actually, right now all enhanced damage spells are damaging ethereal units (for the increased damage granted by Banish as well. Also, when I say all, I mean all the spells I tested, which was 5-6 of them). Whether this is deliberate or an oversight, I cannot say.

Hmm, I did some testings in dota1, and regardless if you are etheral or not, the rocket will release however, if it hits while still being etheral it wont do dmg.
    What I understood from OP, is that if you are etheral when Tinker cast's Heat-seeking missile It WONT target. This Is the bug here.
    Am I right ? Is that what OP says? Or does the rocket actually launch
    Sorry have no access to dota2 for the moment and can't test.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    Alright, well. If it is in fact specifically stated that the Heat-Seeking Missles are not intended to target Ethereal units, then that's all fine and dandy. As they do not.

Though, I just tested it in the current build of Dota2 with both Pugna's Decrepify and Ethereal Blade's Ether Blast. Both spells would allow the damage to go through if the Missles were already en route to the target. And it seemed to be doing bonus damage. (I'm not 100% sure on this.)

Basic Member
    Wasn't the point of having a new engine partly to stop stupid exceptions that only existed because of warwraft engine?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by areid2 View Post
    Wasn't the point of having a new engine partly to stop stupid exceptions that only existed because of warwraft engine?
    'stupid exceptions'? lol..

on this particular issue, i think it should either be changed to work on targets that are already ethereal at time of firing or switched to the DotA interaction. currently it's obviously not working as intended either way.