Page 39 of 306 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Hello! We had an issue where some servers were not always available for play in Brazil, which was causing excessive wait times for servers. This is fixed for now, and we will be monitoring this closely.
    And when will fix the server for rest of SA? We can't play with 300+ PING.

Basic Member
    I've been curious about something. I'm Brazilian and when the SA region launched I could play with 20-50 ms pings because the servers were located close to the place I live, it was amazing, and it remained like that for a good amount of time. After that all games suddenly started to have 190-200 ms, as if I was playing in USEast, and some time later the pings changed again and now I play with an intermediary ping of ~150 ms.
    I don't know exactly what happened, but if I had to guess I would say Valve tried to change the location of the servers to let all South Americans play under the same pings to avoid favoring only a portion of the players that lived closer to the server. If that is really the case I'm fine with the idea, but only because it's beta.

The South American continent is too large ( to have a single server for all its players and IMO we need at least 2 servers to meet the player's expectations. One of them must be located in the Southeast region of Brazil, and the reason for that is simple, 50% of the South American population lives in Brazil, and 42% of the Brazilian population lives in the Southeast region so we really deserve a server located close to this location. The second server would be used to attend to the expectations of the remaining South American population, so it would have to be located in the central region of the continent to provide even pings to everyone.
    Two separated SA servers would also have the effect of minimizing the language barrier between portuguese and spanish speaking players that is troublesome in many situations, but since the servers are not region locked nothing prevents players to switch servers to choose the most suitable location for them.

For me is unacceptable having to play this game with 100+ ms pings after the release date. That's a terrible latency and it will be very sad moment for South American Dota community if Valve don't do anything to solve this problem. The ideal ping would be 50- ms, but I guess it's too much asking for that, so anything between 0-100 ms is good enough for me.
    Last edited by Synchrotron; 06-27-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrotron View Post
    I've been curious about something. I'm Brazilian and when the SA region launched I could play with 20-50 ms pings because the servers were located close to the place I live, it was amazing, and it remained like that for a good amount of time. After that all games suddenly started to have 190-200 ms, as if I was playing in USEast, and some time later the pings changed again and now I play with an intermediary ping of ~150 ms.
    I don't know exactly what happened, but if I had to guess I would say Valve tried to change the location of the servers to let all South Americans play under the same pings to avoid favoring only a portion of the players that lived closer to the server. If that is really the case I'm fine with the idea, but only because it's beta.
    I can't confirm this. I'm still getting a constant 48 ms ping. Please, make sure it's not your ISP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
    If internet speed was the issue, you would have issue on other games as well. If PC's were the issue, it wouldn't happen randomly. And in both cases you would also feel a diference in US servers. Since the latency you get in the US servers is almost the same you always get in american servers in any game, even pretty close to the latency you get by simply pinging any server in the area, while the latency in the SA servers varies wildly between 30-200ms, seemingly at random, even though you can get low latencies easily while playing other games, it seems clear the issue is not you "your shitty internet or PC". Add to that the fact that it's possible that two people in the same city, with internets of around the same speed and similar PCs, get 25ms for one player and 180ms for the other, if they use diferent ISPs.

And no, more people queuing in the SA servers won't making finding servers easier. It may make it worse though, since it could be an issue of not having enough servers. Finding servers is not finding a group. Diferent issues. Learn to read.

How exactly do you explain people get worse latency in servers located a fraction of the distance of the US servers? If they issue was in your end, you would get bad latency in close servers and even worse latency in servers further away from. Anything else makes no sense.
    Yes, yes it is entirely peoples internet. Step by step now:

1 - US servers ARE American servers. US = United States. You know, of AMERICA! Come on dude.

2 - If two people in the same city with similar pc's in the same city have vastly differeint MS, then thats normal. The SMALLEST differences in a PC, ISP, or internet speed can literally make that much of a difference. Its normal. That just re-enforces my stance that it is YOUR SHITTY internet and PC that is the problem.

3 - You think every single server for a region exists in the same exact spot? No. They are based in multiple locations across an area. Not to mention if you queue for multiple regions, you have a chance of getting into ANY of those regions. If your exact location and ISP can function on US West, that doesn't mean your connection wont automatically be HORRIBLE on US East. Likewise, sending the data can be interupted BY QUEUEING INTO REGIONS YOU SHOULD NOT. Data is a constant stream, you may be sending too many packets, or too few.

4 - Your imagining it. The Brazilian servers are just as good if not better than the US servers. Same with EU servers, same with really everything besides Hong Kong servers. If you have to wait long amounts of time to find a game on Brazilian servers, it is not the fault of the server it is the fault of all the Brazilians who queue on OTHER servers than the Brazilian servers. If your having MS issues, then it is simply your PC, or ISP, or your Internet that is the cause of the problem. NOTHING can change that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    That just re-enforces my stance that it is YOUR SHITTY internet and PC that is the problem.
    If your having MS issues, then it is simply your PC, or ISP, or your Internet that is the cause of the problem. NOTHING can change that
    My God.

Basic Member
    Note that matchmaking and coop matches will get priority for servers over players wishing to play single player with bots.
    Cause single player with bots definitely needs a server >.<
    Error 37, singleplayer.

Basic Member
    Yes, yes it is entirely peoples internet. Step by step now:

1 - US servers ARE American servers. US = United States. You know, of AMERICA! Come on dude.

2 - If two people in the same city with similar pc's in the same city have vastly differeint MS, then thats normal. The SMALLEST differences in a PC, ISP, or internet speed can literally make that much of a difference. Its normal. That just re-enforces my stance that it is YOUR SHITTY internet and PC that is the problem.

3 - You think every single server for a region exists in the same exact spot? No. They are based in multiple locations across an area. Not to mention if you queue for multiple regions, you have a chance of getting into ANY of those regions. If your exact location and ISP can function on US West, that doesn't mean your connection wont automatically be HORRIBLE on US East. Likewise, sending the data can be interupted BY QUEUEING INTO REGIONS YOU SHOULD NOT. Data is a constant stream, you may be sending too many packets, or too few.

4 - Your imagining it. The Brazilian servers are just as good if not better than the US servers. Same with EU servers, same with really everything besides Hong Kong servers. If you have to wait long amounts of time to find a game on Brazilian servers, it is not the fault of the server it is the fault of all the Brazilians who queue on OTHER servers than the Brazilian servers. If your having MS issues, then it is simply your PC, or ISP, or your Internet that is the cause of the problem. NOTHING can change that.
    Hello! We had an issue where some servers were not always available for play in Brazil, which was causing excessive wait times for servers. This is fixed for now, and we will be monitoring this closely.
    Yeah, I guess there was no issue at all. I really don't understand how you still couldn't tell the diference between "Queue times" and "Finding servers". They are not the same thing, as explained beforehand, you used to be able to find a group of 10, or even simply create a private lobby with just yourself and still have to wait 10 minutes to find a server. That doesn't happen anymore.

And no, it's not "normal" that people with the same PCs and the same internet on the same location get a diference of pings as huge as 30ms to 180ms. The only diference is the ISP, so the issue is with the routing between ISPs and Valve's servers. That is not a problem with "shitty PCs" or "slow internet". That's something that only Valve and the ISP can solve, it's not on your end. You can't possibly expect everyone to switch to a diferent ISP just because a single game they play has issues with routing, when basically every other game works fine.

And no, US servers are not only for americans. They could easily IP block them if that was the case. They are simply located in the US. Are you saying SA servers are only for brazillians because it says "Location = Brazil" ingame? If they are "US only", what about canadians? Can they play in the US servers? And mexicans? They are much closer to the US than to Brazil, it only makes sense they would queue in the US servers. Also, you seem to believe the issue only happens to brazillians, when there are plenty of people from Argentina, Peru, etc, basically the whole South America complaining about it. But from the way you are talking, I wouldn't doubt you think it's all the same thing. All of them must speak spanish right?
    Last edited by SKC; 06-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrogbahr View Post
    What is the real ping on dota2?

Ping from net_graph stats?
    Ping from typing "ping" on console?
    or Ping from typing "-ping" on in-game chat?

All of them give me different values.
    I think it's net_graph, look

from console i getting ~110ms

My ISP is NET VIRTUA 10mb/800kb and live in Campo Grande (MS) xD
    Last edited by Froidy; 06-30-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
    Also, you seem to believe the issue only happens to brazillians, when there are plenty of people from Argentina, Peru, etc, basically the whole South America complaining about it. But from the way you are talking, I wouldn't doubt you think it's all the same thing. All of them must speak spanish right?
    Exactly this isn't problem of Inet or PC's users. It's a Valve problem/mistake for choosing a bad ISP for SA that only have a good Routing for Brazilians (even some of them get a high PING to), for the Rest of SA it's horrible (Argentina, Peru, Chile, etc..) for ex. i m from Argentina (ISP = Speedy Telefonica 80% of the ppl have this provider in Arg.) and i get 320+ PING in BR's servers so my only option is keep playing in USA EAST server where i get 215 PING.
    Solution? Valve need to change this bad ISP they choose or let it as Brasil and add more server in a region that give a good PING for the rest of SA.

And let's make it clear Inet Speed as nothing to do with PING. Its all about routing conections, guy "A" can have 20 mb speed but guy "B" have 3 MB but a better Routing with the servers.
    Last edited by ZeroCool22; 07-01-2012 at 01:14 AM.