Page 40 of 306 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Servers

Basic Member
    I would love to play with 50ms

Basic Member
    Can we get a guy like a "eclubmalasya" to update us about the state of the servers?, this is really annonying, us east works worst for my every day and the br servers still give me +200 ping, and we got no clue when this is gonna be fixed. Sry for the english.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
    Yeah, I guess there was no issue at all. I really don't understand how you still couldn't tell the diference between "Queue times" and "Finding servers". They are not the same thing, as explained beforehand, you used to be able to find a group of 10, or even simply create a private lobby with just yourself and still have to wait 10 minutes to find a server. That doesn't happen anymore.

And no, it's not "normal" that people with the same PCs and the same internet on the same location get a diference of pings as huge as 30ms to 180ms. The only diference is the ISP, so the issue is with the routing between ISPs and Valve's servers. That is not a problem with "shitty PCs" or "slow internet". That's something that only Valve and the ISP can solve, it's not on your end. You can't possibly expect everyone to switch to a diferent ISP just because a single game they play has issues with routing, when basically every other game works fine.

And no, US servers are not only for americans. They could easily IP block them if that was the case. They are simply located in the US. Are you saying SA servers are only for brazillians because it says "Location = Brazil" ingame? If they are "US only", what about canadians? Can they play in the US servers? And mexicans? They are much closer to the US than to Brazil, it only makes sense they would queue in the US servers. Also, you seem to believe the issue only happens to brazillians, when there are plenty of people from Argentina, Peru, etc, basically the whole South America complaining about it. But from the way you are talking, I wouldn't doubt you think it's all the same thing. All of them must speak spanish right?
    - If your finding server, its your computer's connection to the server via the internet. It has to wait for all 10 people to "Find it". So if its taking forever, then one of the 10 has a bad computer, or internet, or some combination of the factors. Yes, that's what it means. Maybe its not you, but its one of the 10. If you have unusually high ping constantly, then guess what? Its you. Might even be more than one of you.

2 - Yes, yes it is entirely normal rofl. My friend Edgar and I both play the game. At his house, he has about 80ms and has no problems. At mine he has between 120 and 180. I have yet to have lag when he is having it. We both have good internet. I have a better computer, that is more up to date and physically capable of running Dota 2. This means that no matter whose house we go to, I have no real lag. He however, occasionally has lag spikes at my house. He is on Huesnet, while I am on Embarq. I live in a suburb, he lives outside of town. I have DSL, he has some satellite something or other I don't know, I just know they wont run a cable to his house for DSL. There are subtle differences that do indeed make that much of a difference, because I don't lag on my laptop at my house or at his. He lags at my house on occasion.

3 - I, personally, would find the man who finally IP bans Brazilian players and forces them to queue on their own servers, and I would hug him, give him 100 dollars, kiss his feet, and then shout at him for not doing it sooner. You seem to think that the little dots on the play page indicate the EXACT SPOTS on the world that the Dota 2 servers are located. This is incorrect. That is the general area for them. YOU are Brazilian yes? You actually live in Brazil? Or Puerta Rico? Hungary? SOMEPLACE that is not America. So you need to find out what your designated area is, and then queue into that. A European nation of any kind, no matter where it is located in Europe, will have a better connection to servers located in Europe than in America. Because servers located in West or East America are all over these designations, both of which take up a number of the 50 states AND CANADA and Mexico. European servers are ALL OVER EUROPE and your client will try to connect to whichever server it can that is closest. Southeast Asia servers, hey if its part of South East Asia, its close to their servers in some way.

Oh and don't think this is out of any form of racism. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but disdain and loathing for you. I've seen amazing Brazilian players who outperform American players and try very hard to actually work with us, and I don't mind them at all. But I see too few of them and hear far too much "oh hey a shitty American" ON MY OWN US SERVER. It is a team oriented game, and you need to play with people you understand. If racism is going to get in the way then solve it by preventing it. And I don't know how to tell you this... No wait I do:

You are a racist bastard who insults Americans. Yes, you CAN be racist against Americans. You want to stop the anti-Brazilian movements on Dota 2? Then stop with the "Shitty American" comments, you freaking dumbass.
    (t-.-t)

Basic Member
    I really doubt someone can come up with so many misconceptions and made up "facts" by pure stupidity. You man are a hater. Stop this. This is supposed to be a feedback thread. You don't play on Brazilian servers. There is threads about segregating pools by language, go spread your hate there. About your "technical" lesson to us lower south americans, please, show it to anyone with a minimal grasp on the subject... He will not even laugh at you... But he will probably cry inside...

Basic Member
    Why do u guys answer to that retard?, he obviosly know knothing about servers/isps, he is just stupid, ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by fdamoreg View Post
    Why do u guys answer to that retard?, he obviosly know knothing about servers/isps, he is just stupid, ignore him.
    +1

And "GrandBreaker" u think we (SA Players) would not love to play with a good ping in our Regional Servers? ofc. we would do but at the moment the ISP that Valve has choosen sucks for SA with the exception of "some" BR's that have a good PING. So till Valve decide to give US a good ISP for the rest of countries of SA we don't have other option that play in USA u get it?
    Last edited by ZeroCool22; 07-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Basic Member
    Ok, this is hilarious. I just want to know one thing. You gave us the following comment:

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    - If your finding server, its your computer's connection to the server via the internet. It has to wait for all 10 people to "Find it". So if its taking forever, then one of the 10 has a bad computer, or internet, or some combination of the factors. Yes, that's what it means. Maybe its not you, but its one of the 10. If you have unusually high ping constantly, then guess what? Its you. Might even be more than one of you.
    Ok, now what's the explanation on why, when you were creating a game just for yourself (with noone else, just you in a private lobby), you would take 10 minutes to find a server if you chose a SA server, but doing the exact same thing, on the same PC and on the same internet, would take less than a second on the NA servers? And why did that issue magically dissapear when Valve stated they found a problem that was causing some server not being avaible for SA? I'm actually curious about what kind of logic someone can use to explain that, about how your connection to the US servers is magically so much better that it's literally hundreds of times faster to get that conection to the servers, even if your latency is worse. Or how the magic fairies at Valve managed to fix our PCs and connections, without our knowledge, at the same time they released that statement, but unfortunatelly weren't able to fix the other issues.

It got to the point it's amusing, no matter if he's trolling of if he is actually serious.

Basic Member
    Not really good for the rest of South America.

I'm from Argentina, Buenos Aires. 190-230

Better and more stable in USE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKC View Post
    Ok, this is hilarious. I just want to know one thing. You gave us the following comment:

Ok, now what's the explanation on why, when you were creating a game just for yourself (with noone else, just you in a private lobby), you would take 10 minutes to find a server if you chose a SA server, but doing the exact same thing, on the same PC and on the same internet, would take less than a second on the NA servers? And why did that issue magically dissapear when Valve stated they found a problem that was causing some server not being avaible for SA? I'm actually curious about what kind of logic someone can use to explain that, about how your connection to the US servers is magically so much better that it's literally hundreds of times faster to get that conection to the servers, even if your latency is worse. Or how the magic fairies at Valve managed to fix our PCs and connections, without our knowledge, at the same time they released that statement, but unfortunatelly weren't able to fix the other issues.

It got to the point it's amusing, no matter if he's trolling of if he is actually serious.
    It disappeared because Valve fixed the problem. You got instant queue because for some reason EVERYONE comes over here to the US servers, therefor you'll find a team faster than the Brazilian servers, where barely anyone queues.

Basic Member
    I can't play in brazilian servers right now, yesterday by the same time was impossible too! I'm stuck on "finding server" for ages... By the way, I use VELOX ISP and my ping is around 30ms~60ms, which is great!