Thread: cant write as spectator...

Basic Member

cant write as spectator...

Hi guys,

as the topic says, when i watch the game im not able to write anything at chat...

when i write a text and send it... myname just appears but not the text...

can some one help?

Only if you provide more details about what happens and your system.

Does the text appear when you type it, but not after, what language do you use (keyboard layout, characters) etc etc. ? ?

Basic Member
    When im playing myself i can write to my mates and everything is nice...
    but if i want to watch a game and write something as spectator my text just didnt appear...

i see what im writing , just when im sending it(ENTER Button) me and every spectator cant see what im writing.. just my name appears(even not full its "aimy<3Butterfly" and just "aimy" appears)
    In Dota i use english language and steam is in german... my keyboard language is in german, too. What do you mean with my system? My whole computer system? Got windows 7 in german.

I mostly meant anything regarding language and text settings in windows, keyboard layout, steam etc.

I don't have an answer apart from that it sounds like a weird bug. I just felt some more flesh was needed to explain your situation.

Basic Member
    This happened to me too. For one moment I thought I was banned again. lol

Worst patch ever.

Basic Member
    Hi guys!

Sorry for semi-necroing this thread, but it came up highest in my search queries!

Anyways, i experience the same issues. Whenever i try to write something, i can enter it but when i try to send it (hit ENTER for the second time) it doesn't work and I don't send text. I also cannot receive any chat from observers. While this is sometimes great, it tends to be really really boring at some points.

I also have some issues watching games from just 1 friend.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tjard View Post
    Hi guys!

Sorry for semi-necroing this thread, but it came up highest in my search queries!

Anyways, i experience the same issues. Whenever i try to write something, i can enter it but when i try to send it (hit ENTER for the second time) it doesn't work and I don't send text. I also cannot receive any chat from observers. While this is sometimes great, it tends to be really really boring at some points.

I also have some issues watching games from just 1 friend.

Thanks in advance.
    I experience this a lot, usually with high ping games. Type something, hit enter, I don't see it. Also rarely see others chat, even with hundreds of viewers.

I get the feeling that in laggy, high ping games I'm spectating, Dota prioritizes game action data over chat.

Basic Member
    push... no one can help? this is fuckin annoying... any admin for help?.....