Thread: Dota2 crashes randomly during a game

Basic Member

Dota2 crashes randomly during a game

I have a problem with dota2, is that when I play, the game crashes completly random, sometimes gets stuck for some period of time and sometimes just closes, it does not give me any error message, but I noticed that the amount of dota2 used memory is high, I dedicated myself to observe it in the windows task manager and note the following:

fluctuates between 400.000kb to 450.000kb in lobby
    rises to a 900.000kb 800.000kb when picking a hero
    From this point begins to rise slowly and the game crashes when it reaches or exede 1.100.000kb

also note that most of the time, at the time of a crash, it's when a sound is played, almost always from the hero I'm using

do not know if this happened to someone else, but it is very annoying

the game runs pretty well on my computer but I have not verified anything.

my pc specifications are:
    windows xp
    2.8ghz amd x6
    ati (now amd I think) HD 5870 1GB
    4 gb ram
    totally updated

i should be able to play it right?

pd: google translated most of this, so ty google

I just get a time out every 5 minutes.

Basic Member
    is there any help coming?

Basic Member
    I had the same problem, with Dota and other source engine games, but i think i just fixed it. Played 2 games and watched matches until uninterested with no crashes. I may need to test more but i've never gone that long in a source game without a crash.

My problem was a busted RAM stick. I had 4 sticks in my machine and one of the sticks would randomly spit-out errors (why the random crashes). I guess other games i played ignored the errors and worked around it but source games just crash i guess.

---

-I used memtest to check my RAM for errors: http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
    -i checked all sticks together then each one individually until i found the busted one
    -once i removed the fouled stick i've had no crashes (if it starts crashing again ill update)

---

errors i recieved with busted RAM stick:

Application Hang - The program dota.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: f90
    Start Time: 01cd0f657c4f9420
    Termination Time: 1089
    Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota.exe
    Report Id:

Application Error - Faulting application name: dota.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f737880
    Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 8.17.12.9610, time stamp: 0x4f4e5190
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x004dfac7

Again i got these errors randomly while attempting to play any game that uses the source engine.