Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: matchmaking issues

Basic Member
    My friend have 300 WIN and get in team players under 50 WINS,,.........

i have 130 WINS, and get in team under 20 WINS..........

Really Whats wrong with this...

and all of this happen after the last patch..............

hopeful VALVE will fix this issue on next patch.......

is not interesting dota 2...... when you are playing with completely NOOBS....

just waste of time and anger .

Basic Member
    Yup. I dont think the algorhtm checks for how BALANCED the teams are. They just divide players of certain "range" into two groups

Basic Member
    Hopefully dev can look at this....

please look at 1020272 match ID.

Avg win of 81.2 vs 182.6. This is completely imbalanced. You should fix the algorithm so that it doesn't matter what players think what skill range they are in. Just let them EARN their way upto certain bracket. Or you could add in a simple check for calculating average MM for both teams for balance. I have no idea whats going on with MM system right now but my past 50 games have been incredibly low quality games even if I do win by stomping.

Basic Member
    Has anyone considered this:

After person X has to leave the game (wife giving birth\police raid etc) they have 10 minutes to reconnect, in that 10 minutes it searches for another person who is willing to take his character in the team.

The game continues as usual so slight if any disruption occurs.
    Ends up being a 5v5 rather than a 4v5 (soon to be 3v5 then gg leave).

While someone is searching for a game, a popup to the left of the screen comes up with the hero that left asking if he would like to take his place.
    {ACCEPT} ~~~ {DECLINE}

Match ID: 1025487. I was shocked to look at the wins on each side. Something does feel "off" tonight.

Basic Member
    I can't see why we can't just implement ELO/MMR system, like people has already suggested. This has been done before, but only when there was a lot fewer players in the game. Apparently, a displayed rating of some sort was tested, only with a small pool players which seems pointless to me. Furthermore, people seem to have only a vague idea of what bracket they're in, and therefore it seems much harder for them to test the MM system. Too many times have I read posts where testers have to describe multiple scenarios when analyzing the MM system because they don't know where themselves and the players in the game are placed in the MM system. Is it the algorithm's fault? Is it wrong evaluation of a players skill (rating)? Chance? Was it because two different skilled players partied up? Am I in the wrong game, or is it my poor-skilled teammate?

No need to bump this thread. There are stickies for matchmaking feedback now.

Closed.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.