Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You could edit the text wheel function in l4d.

You could edit the text wheel function in l4d.

It only just came out. Give it a chance.

Feedback should be left here: http://dota2.com/chatwheel/
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

That's the point. That website shouldn't exist. I havent even looked through the dota files yet.

Basic Member
    From what I've garnered, the chat wheel is presented in localized text, so an english person spamming Missing Top! will finally be able to actually communicate Missing Top! to his non-english teammates. They can't localize custom text, the purpose of the wheel in the first place is to make it easier to communicate with everybody you meet in pubs.

That's still not a good enough reason to lock customization.

Basic Member
    Totally subverting the feature's intended purpose isn't a good reason not to do something? Right.

I barely play with foreigners that do not understand english.

The chatwheel is not only just useful for translating text. It also doubles as an effective way to organize chat binds (so you don't have 5-6 retarded keyboard buttons to press) to communicate to others without a mic. Letting people edit this will give them more elaborate macros and etc.

The suggest site is stupid because there can only be so many options in the wheel before it becomes cumbersome and inefficient.

Basic Member
    Well, what about being able to customize it by selecting predefined messages in order and composition you need/want?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barteqr View Post
    Well, what about being able to customize it by selecting predefined messages in order and composition you need/want?
    Something like the Tribes: Ascend/Smite chat system is what I imagine you are thinking, and that would work well here too. Just gotta put in the suggestions and wait for them to add phrases. Soon we will all be mashing YYGG(Good Game!), YMT(Missing Top!), etc. As long as all the suggested new messages go through Valve they will be localized and will work fine, but giving people the option to slap new phrases into a text file and spam away is ill advised.

How is locking customization fighting spam when I can edit my cfg?