Thread: Watch how many spectators

Basic Member

Watch how many spectators

As of the nice spectating-possibility in this game, shouldn't it be even better with an extremly small change ? I'm thinking of having the possibility to see how many players that are watching the game YOU are playing. Would be a little annoying if suddenly that number reached 3 figures, but you didn't know.

Basic Member
    I haven't had it happen, but my understanding is that it already announces to the players when a certain number of spectators has been reached.

Yes, the game do tell you when certain thresholds are reached. The first one being somewhere around 20-25 and continuing every 50 or so. There's probably a timer involved somewhere along the lines as well or it would always say for example 25-75-150-200 or something, but I've seen "any" number in between also.

"There are 124 spectators watching the game right now."

- O, great, I'm gonna get stream-stack-stomped again. :-p

Been suggested a number of times. Here's one thread for example: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=11377
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads