Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dota Freezes entire computer every time

Basic Member

Dota Freezes entire computer every time

Normally happens after running Dota for only a few minutes. Completely freezes on 1 frame, cannot tab out, CTRL ALT DEL, anything. HAVE to hold power button in order to get computer working again. If there was any noise playing at the time it freezes, it continuously makes a BZZZ noise. If there was no noise, it is silent. Has happened multiple times: on the menu, loading screen, hero select or even about a minute into a game.
    This never used to happen. It only started happening after the update on the 8th October IIRC.
    Have tried certain fixes like setting the maximum CPU usage to 50% to prevent overheating with no change.
    This could be a problem with my own hardware, so am going to take it in soon.

Basic Member
    A similar error hit me in CoD 4 many years ago. It didn't stop until I upgraded my GPU.

Try upgrading your video card driver tot he newest.

Try disabling Xbox DVR (If you have Windows 10) and see if it helps.

What are your pc specifications?

This is also happening to me. It started almost 25-30 days ago. Until that time i played the game with no problem and everything was perfect(i played with all the settings maxxed-out with 100+fps only v-sync off). Here are my computer specs:
    -CPU AMD FX 8350
    -16gd DDR3
    -VGA AMD Radeon R7 370(before i had an Sapphire Radeon HD7870 XT WITH BOOST 2GB DDR5 256-bit )
    -Windows 10PRO
    I dont know what else to do, i changed the video card.....same problem. Next week i will change the PSU but i dont think this is the problem. Yesterday i also disable via REGISTRY the xbox dvr thing, nothing changed.
    If anyone know any fix for this let me know.

Basic Member
    Check the health of your hard drive by downloading CrystalDiskInfo, its a small free tool that determines if your drive is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster XI View Post
    Check the health of your hard drive by downloading CrystalDiskInfo, its a small free tool that determines if your drive is failing.
    My hdd is brand new less then 10hours in use. Also i tried playing from my ssd, same problem....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderrz View Post
    My hdd is brand new less then 10hours in use. Also i tried playing from my ssd, same problem....
    You suggest your CPU is overheating, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster XI View Post
    You suggest your CPU is overheating, why is that?
    nope, the cpu is not getting more then 47-49 degrees....

Basic Member
    i also have the same problem. but, it worst. my whlole computer goes blue screen with crash dump. the fst time it happened. i go and change my hard drive. it already cost me a fortune. then, even after a week of use or so, it happening again.
    and, now.

on top of all that, i have two dota account. whenever i open one account, dota would download 425mb file or something. it happened to both account. what the heck is happening?

Basic Member
    My specs are:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 840M/Intel HD Graphics 5500 (not sure why it lists both)

Bittersweet that others are having the same problem. Good, because it might be easier to find a solution, and I hope you do because its not good you have this issue!
    Taking my PC in for repairs as the fan wasn't working perfectly (had been making some noises) however that hasn't been happening too much recently. Also told the JB Hi-Fi people that it was just being slow overall and freezing, so they will send it to HP for repair. So basically I wont have my laptop for 2 weeks and wont be able to test any fixes if anyone finds any.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...his_is_how_to/

Guys, I had the same problem for over a month. I've tried everything, and today I found this. It worked somehow!