Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking through me in a game with someone who I "blocked all communication from".

Basic Member

Matchmaking through me in a game with someone who I "blocked all communication from".

A while ago I got in a game with a guy that was a douche on infuriating levels so I blocked him on Steam, but I was just placed in a matchmaking game with him, and of course could hear him talking. Also, we got raped. I don't think players should be placed into games with people they have blocked. I would have gladly waited longer in the queue if it meant I wasn't playing with this jerk.

EDIT: discuss in this thread
    Last edited by blash365; 08-15-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added link to original thread

Basic Member
    a function that can easily abuse to refuse to get matched up opponents that are better than you. Block all the pro players or ppls that have pwn you before, so you can prey on newbies? no thx

Basic Member
    It seems really impractical that someone could block EVERYONE who's better than them, and this function is already a part of Steam, it just isn't being upheld in Dota 2.

Basic Member
    It's the price you pay for pubs. Sorry, but I'm with nzero on this one.

And please explain to me how this is already a part of Steam. Are you saying if you go play TF2 in a pub, someone you've blocked can't join that server? I don't believe that for a second.
    I've never played DotA. I don't care how things were done in DotA. This is Dota 2. This is what I care about.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nzero View Post
    a function that can easily abuse to refuse to get matched up opponents that are better than you. Block all the pro players or ppls that have pwn you before, so you can prey on newbies? no thx
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJCBand View Post
    It seems really impractical that someone could block EVERYONE who's better than them, and this function is already a part of Steam, it just isn't being upheld in Dota 2.
    as I understand the intention of op he mean it to prevent play WITH ruiners/noobs/w/e not against, and there is nothing good to be forced to play with someone you hate, there is a bunch of players of practically identical skill who can replace him in your game or what so ever

Basic Member
    Playing with noobs/bads is big part of working matchmaking system. You cant give people power to stop that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayMeow View Post
    It's the price you pay for pubs. Sorry, but I'm with nzero on this one.

And please explain to me how this is already a part of Steam. Are you saying if you go play TF2 in a pub, someone you've blocked can't join that server? I don't believe that for a second.
    It is in Left 4 Dead 2.

Basic Member
    Would be great if you could block people and never have them on your team again, but then everyone will have a list with 100s of names and it will take forever to find games which won't have a hope in hell of being balanced because you blacklisted everyone with the same mmr as you.

Basic Member
    afaik this feature is being tested in l4d2 and might be ported to dota 2

Basic Member
    The non-ranked matchmaking should never queue you with someone you block IMO. There is absolutely no downside to this what-so-ever as only the ranked matchmaking will matter.