Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: API Requests

Basic Member
    Adding on to the item swapping function request:

I don't think it needs to be a Swapping function as much as a Move Item function. By default, moving an item from Slot A to a filled Slot B will automatically switch the item from Slot B to Slot A. It may just be how it sounds, but swapping requires 2 inputs, which may cause complications if moving to an empty slot.

A simple ability to move an item from one slot to another eliminates possible complications in that regard while item swapping with a filled slot is default within the game. And if not, it'd be just as easy to put that functionality in the function when it's made.

Basic Member
    Another couple of constants that I've concluded would be quite helpful are siblings of PURCHASE_ITEM_SUCCESS in SELL_ITEM_SUCCESS, DROP_ITEM_SUCCESS, etc. so that some events can be trigger upon the bot successfully completing those actions.
    Last edited by Cornbane; 01-05-2017 at 01:25 PM.

i just want to reload and update my lua files in a running game ,so we dont need to restart a new game when modified something

Basic Member
    dota_bot_reload_scripts in the console should cover that xiaosongaa. Be prepared for your bots to completely reset their item/skill builds if you don't account for it in your code.

Basic Member
    A solution in the API for the problem described in this thread would be much appreciated.

Basic Member
    requesting a fuction simillar to GetModifier but return the stack-count/amount of the buff/debuff (sticky napalm, static link...)
    (idk if this already exist in the API)

Basic Member
    request of adding CreateHTTPRequest just like what we got in custom games
    If we can make http request, just like what we get in custom games, we can extend the strategy of hero selection a great step forward where we can use neural network in my cloud servers to help determind which hero is the best choice. and item purchase ability build.

Basic Member
    Hi, thanks for the current updates provided so far and I'm hoping we can get an update on the npc_abilities.txt file.

The current file have talents which affect abilities which are referenced and I can easily interpret what it's doing (venge stun, venge aura, lycan shapeshift). Then there are talents that buff abilities which you have no idea of what it's doing. Some simple examples, Sven Storm hammer, Lycan wolves, Anti-mage blink and a couple of others.

I am creating a table with some info to be used during hero selection and during game, and these changes will help a lot to get a better idea what the talent does.

Basic Member
    Would love API for:

* Querying Ability Sprites/Objects that are visible to humans (i.e. - Pudge Hook's, Mirana Arrows, Invoker Tornado's/EMP's, etc.)
    * Leveling Talents

Basic Member
    Putting this request on the sideline for now in favor of a different request.

I would like to inquire if it is possible to overhaul the way bot_<heroname>.lua files work. Or have an alternative method to do the bot_<heroname>.lua files if the current method is to stay. Like entering the following example functions activates the defaults until altered.

Currently, just creating the files will wipe the Bots of all default thoughts and functions, remove their ability to use team and mode level thinking, and prevent using most debugging tool with them.

My thought is to have the functions from the mode, ability/item usage, item purchasing files accessible in the 1 file with the C++ defaults being overridden as the functions appear. Like how the ability_item_usage files fall back to the default for any of the 4 Thinks that are absent.
    The item purchase, item use, ability use, generic think, etc. functions will run on every pass like they do now in the multi-file method.
    In the case of the Mode functions, the desires will run each time to check, but only use the onstart, onend and think portions if the specific mode is active.

So you could do something like:

bot_lina.lua

Code:
    ---------------------------
    -- Laning Mode

function Mode_Laning_GetDesire()

end

function Mode_Laning_OnStart()

end

function Mode_Laning_OnEnd()

end

function Mode_Laning_Think()

end

-- Secret Shop Mode

function Mode_Secret_Shop_GetDesire()

end

function Mode_Secret_Shop_OnStart()

end

function Mode_Secret_Shop_OnEnd()

end

function Mode_Secret_Shop_Think()

end

-- Defend Bottom Tower Mode

function Mode_Defend_Tower_Bot_GetDesire()

end

function Mode_Defend_Tower_Bot_OnStart()

end

function Mode_Defend_Tower_Bot_OnEnd()

end

function Mode_Defend_Tower_Bot_Think()

end

-- Item Purchasing

ItemPurchaseThink()

end

-- Item Usage

ItemUsageThink()

end

-- Ability Usage

AbilityUsageThink()

end

-- Generic Think Function

Think()

end

-- Custom Functions

function exampleCustomFunction()

end
    It's basically an in-between-er of the current multi-file and single file methods. I bring this up as a possible replace or new 3rd method because it takes (what I think are) the good parts of the 2 current methods and puts them in 1.

• It avoids a lot of the cross file information sending since most variables and information can remain local in the 1 file.
    • Decreases the clutter of the bot folder and reduces the number of open files that need jumping through.
    • The separation and organizations provided by the multi-files is easy enough to achieve with spacing and comments.
    • The amount of scripting won't differ much from the current single file method.
    • All while having access to Mode and Team level thinking and the ability to use the debug tools.

I'm not sure how much work it will require on the back end, but I figure a suggestion like this is better off in the early stages than later.
    Last edited by Cornbane; 01-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.