Thread: requests per frame/second limitation

Question requests per frame/second limitation

Is there any limitation on how many requests you can make per frame/second, or is the information always computed each frame and you just access it whenever you call a function?

I ask this because LoL released an API a while back and every function you called was a request to the server, so they limited it, and I was wondering if this was the same

I think the engine complains in the console if an entity Think() takes longer than ~50ms, but that's it.

Valve Developer
    Bot scripts are run server-side, so there's no round-trip cost.

We're planning on adding some performance info to the wiki so you'll know what functions are more expensive than others.

Basic Member
    What happens if say, Think() goes into an infinite loop? Won't the server get overloaded if Think() is being called every frame?

Valve Developer
    Think() going into an infinite loop will just hang the server.

another thing, where can we see the full documentation regarding what calls we can make to the api? in the wiki we have a lot of stuff, but for example, the GetUnitPotentialValue function is referenced in section 6 but it doesn't show up on the functions list.

is it just a case of the wiki being incomplete as of now or where can we find out the full docs?

(i'd create a new thread, but im not allowed because i already created a new one today)

Valve Developer
    Yep fleshing out the wiki is definitely on the list.

so everything will be there. gotcha! thx