Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: V7.00 Bots

Quote Originally Posted by stuartpierce View Post
    Still broken after this morning's patch. They actually had clothes and heads for me in one game, but then the next game it was messed up again.
    By naked, do you mean default items? Also, they worked once, but at the start, the dire bot waited until the first ward at the top right timer expired, then re-planted and went along. Still, I'd prefer for them to use the same mechanics as players such as the new levelling, warding etc. instead of buggy bots.

If the bots at least had the default items it would be playable, but these are missing heads and more.

broken bots.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stuartpierce View Post
    If the bots at least had the default items it would be playable, but these are missing heads and more.

broken bots.jpg
    Actually, I think Dragon Knight was like that like in 6.8 something patch once, when I was watching bots vs bots.

Basic Member
    More examples of bots not interacting properly with backpack:

dota2 2016-12-21 07-54-45-63.jpgdota2 2016-12-21 07-54-50-26.jpg

Also, my bot games always show empty backpacks (for everyone) on the final scoreboard.

Basic Member
    Radiant midlane bot hovers around the shrine instead of laning.
    Dire support bot stands stationary next to bot lane in the trees just north of the shrine.
    If player buy animal courier in select hero phase, the assigned support bot buys a second animal courier instead of upgrading and the problems with bot courier ownership/micro arise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentrope View Post
    I guess "naked" isn't the right term for it but here's what's happening. For some people like myself if playing online custom lobbies/co-op bot matches sometimes, the 7.00 bots just load with their base models only without any skins/custom wearables or bots don't load with any wearable items (default/custom ones). So like some have already said here: They have missing body parts because base models don't have all that on every hero. Eg: Invisible tiny, Headless CK/luna/SF/jugger etc.

Playing offline mode bot matches I can recreate this bug easily: The picked hero and bots in offline matches have only their base models. Have no idea what's causing it or how to solve it because I have tried reinstalling steam and Dota + resetting all settings to default on cloud and on PC to no avail. However, there is something interesting to note here: Playing online alone, if you use the start bot match option on main menu the bots will load the wearable items but not in lobbies regardless of where the server is set i.e local or on Dota's servers. Also playing online bot lobbies (alone or with people), picked hero will have wearable items if you have equipped on loadout but not the bots if you have the aforementioned bug when playing offline since it seems in 7.00, bots use the host's wearable items.

I have no idea if it affects everyone or just some people because my friends are too lazy to check it in offline mode even though I asked them to see if they can recreate it.
    What slot do you place yourself in? If you're placing yourself in any slot besides radiant slot 1, I think that's what is causing it. For some reason, if there isn't a player in slot one of the radiant team, heroes will load without there items.

Basic Member
    bots leaving one inventory space free and storing fully completed items in backpack eg BKB.
    - appears there is no weighting/Best In Slot priority for items or it isn't being applied.
    bots farming endlessly without trying to win the game.
    - unsatisfying games of 1 hour plus and bots still farming even when ancient is exposed. frustrating as you have to solo push high ground just to end the flipping game.

I ain't playing this game until the bots are fixed.

Bots much more challenging than real people in ranked/normal pubs? I feel you
    Whether that's sarcasm or not, I only play dota 2 because of bots, plus I want to learn the new map, however, with dumb bots, you can't and I ain't risking playing online pvp.

Not being sarcastic. The unfair bots were more fun and challenge worthy than playing in low ranked MMR / normal matches against random people who don't know what they are doing and just ruining the fun by being a jerk or a total egomaniac.

TBH, I am one of those guys who quit playing ranked/normal (pub) matches and just play bot matches in co-op/lobby or Vs friends in lobby. That's how I enjoy Dota 2 now... I just don't find it fun to play with/vs toxic random people who ruin the "fun" part of the game. The community is just that bad. Well I am pretty sure out of my 6k hrs of playin Dota 80-90% are lobby matches vs unfair bots/friends.
    I just prefer co-op vs AI on any game tbh (and even watching AI battles, no humans involved) :P and I thought you were being sarcastic about me saying about not playing due to bots broke lol, at least we relate then.