Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220

Thread: V7.00 Bots

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartpierce View Post
    Still broken after this morning's patch. They actually had clothes and heads for me in one game, but then the next game it was messed up again.
    By naked, do you mean default items? Also, they worked once, but at the start, the dire bot waited until the first ward at the top right timer expired, then re-planted and went along. Still, I'd prefer for them to use the same mechanics as players such as the new levelling, warding etc. instead of buggy bots.

  2. #22
    If the bots at least had the default items it would be playable, but these are missing heads and more.

    broken bots.jpg

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartpierce View Post
    If the bots at least had the default items it would be playable, but these are missing heads and more.

    broken bots.jpg
    Actually, I think Dragon Knight was like that like in 6.8 something patch once, when I was watching bots vs bots.

  4. #24
    Basic Member Xentrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    By naked, do you mean default items?.
    I guess "naked" isn't the right term for it but here's what's happening. For some people like myself if playing online custom lobbies/co-op bot matches sometimes, the 7.00 bots just load with their base models only without any skins/custom wearables or bots don't load with any wearable items (default/custom ones). So like some have already said here: They have missing body parts because base models don't have all that on every hero. Eg: Invisible tiny, Headless CK/luna/SF/jugger etc.

    Playing offline mode bot matches I can recreate this bug easily: The picked hero and bots in offline matches have only their base models. Have no idea what's causing it or how to solve it because I have tried reinstalling steam and Dota + resetting all settings to default on cloud and on PC to no avail. However, there is something interesting to note here: Playing online alone, if you use the start bot match option on main menu the bots will load the wearable items but not in lobbies regardless of where the server is set i.e local or on Dota's servers. Also playing online bot lobbies (alone or with people), picked hero will have wearable items if you have equipped on loadout but not the bots if you have the aforementioned bug when playing offline since it seems in 7.00, bots use the host's wearable items.

    I have no idea if it affects everyone or just some people because my friends are too lazy to check it in offline mode even though I asked them to see if they can recreate it.
    Last edited by Xentrope; 12-21-2016 at 06:04 PM.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3
    More examples of bots not interacting properly with backpack:

    dota2 2016-12-21 07-54-45-63.jpgdota2 2016-12-21 07-54-50-26.jpg

    Also, my bot games always show empty backpacks (for everyone) on the final scoreboard.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    25
    Radiant midlane bot hovers around the shrine instead of laning.
    Dire support bot stands stationary next to bot lane in the trees just north of the shrine.
    If player buy animal courier in select hero phase, the assigned support bot buys a second animal courier instead of upgrading and the problems with bot courier ownership/micro arise again.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentrope View Post
    I guess "naked" isn't the right term for it but here's what's happening. For some people like myself if playing online custom lobbies/co-op bot matches sometimes, the 7.00 bots just load with their base models only without any skins/custom wearables or bots don't load with any wearable items (default/custom ones). So like some have already said here: They have missing body parts because base models don't have all that on every hero. Eg: Invisible tiny, Headless CK/luna/SF/jugger etc.

    Playing offline mode bot matches I can recreate this bug easily: The picked hero and bots in offline matches have only their base models. Have no idea what's causing it or how to solve it because I have tried reinstalling steam and Dota + resetting all settings to default on cloud and on PC to no avail. However, there is something interesting to note here: Playing online alone, if you use the start bot match option on main menu the bots will load the wearable items but not in lobbies regardless of where the server is set i.e local or on Dota's servers. Also playing online bot lobbies (alone or with people), picked hero will have wearable items if you have equipped on loadout but not the bots if you have the aforementioned bug when playing offline since it seems in 7.00, bots use the host's wearable items.

    I have no idea if it affects everyone or just some people because my friends are too lazy to check it in offline mode even though I asked them to see if they can recreate it.
    What slot do you place yourself in? If you're placing yourself in any slot besides radiant slot 1, I think that's what is causing it. For some reason, if there isn't a player in slot one of the radiant team, heroes will load without there items.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Xentrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by chris71piooo View Post
    What slot do you place yourself in? If you're placing yourself in any slot besides radiant slot 1, I think that's what is causing it. For some reason, if there isn't a player in slot one of the radiant team, heroes will load without there items.
    I play sometimes in dire or radiant and most of the times it's not slot 1 but yeah if I place myself in slot 1 of radiant, bots do load the items I've got for those heroes. However, it doesn't show the custom wearables on loading screen, instead just default wearables. Well bots and bot matches/tutorials are broken now anyways, still no updates to fix those issues.

  9. #29
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    25
    bots leaving one inventory space free and storing fully completed items in backpack eg BKB.
    - appears there is no weighting/Best In Slot priority for items or it isn't being applied.
    bots farming endlessly without trying to win the game.
    - unsatisfying games of 1 hour plus and bots still farming even when ancient is exposed. frustrating as you have to solo push high ground just to end the flipping game.

  10. #30
    I ain't playing this game until the bots are fixed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •