Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: V7.00 Bots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

V7.00 Bots

Hey guys. Found a few bugs with bots during my trial run with them.

-They sometimes idle near the bounty rune spots for long periods of time
    -They cannot use backpack properly (match scoreboard shows bots having complete items being wasted in their backpack
    -They stack wards, keeps on purchasing them but not placing them anywhere which results in supports having 10+ wards near end game

Just some of the ones I've noticed thus far. I'll update this when I see more.

Thanks!

They seriously need to be fixed; some bots never get into their lanes due to trying to place wards and other stuff.

Yes, one bot stands near a rune spot for ~20 minutes, no farming, nothing. For Dire, it's just to the right of the Ancient Camp.

Not a new bug, but if the player buys the courier, bots still sometimes buy a 2nd and 3rd courier and leave them on the map after delivery to die. Repeat until end of game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartpierce View Post
    Yes, one bot stands near a rune spot for ~20 minutes, no farming, nothing. For Dire, it's just to the right of the Ancient Camp.

Not a new bug, but if the player buys the courier, bots still sometimes buy a 2nd and 3rd courier and leave them on the map after delivery to die. Repeat until end of game.
    Had this happen yesterday - extremely frustrating as the dual couriers also can prevent delivery of items entirely (due to cooldown override of one dead courier) or with both when recalling. Forces you to manually have to select the correct courier and send them a location manually... if they don't die while sitting idly in random locations on the map.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSharK View Post
    -They cannot use backpack properly (match scoreboard shows bots having complete items being wasted in their backpack
    I'm having the same issue with them using the backpack (I had DK bot with two gg branches in his inventory and an AC in the backpack), but the end-game scoreboard always shows the backpack as empty for all hereos.

Also, they seem to be super confused by the new Roshan pit. Enemy team did roshan, saw the notification go up, but no notification for who grabbed the aegis. Spent a few seconds wondering if that was bugged or removed, then let it be. After a couple minutes of seeing no enemies on the map anywhere, my curiosity got the better of me. Sure enough, all five enemy heroes are sitting in the pit waiting for someone to grab the thing. Easiest snatch followed by two stunlocked deaths of my life. Same issue when an allied hero went to do rosh.

Basic Member
    The hanging around Bounty Rune issue seems to be fixed after a small update that rolled out today. I've only done 2 bot matches, but 2 matches where it didn't occur is plenty of evidence when it happened without fail every time before.

Ward stacking and backpack use still need some work.
    Last edited by Cornbane; 12-14-2016 at 02:27 AM.

Basic Member
    Still bot afk need to fixed additionally Bot just put ward on bounty rune
    Not put ward may place just like jungle roshan spot and top rune add
    Bot not use backpack that all fixed this valve I know this patch was biggest change on dota but please just care this Bot anyway seem broken and new player want to play dota is no idea maybe what the Bot this heheh my friend said

Basic Member
    Bots are even more of a joke in this patch. They just don't push at all. Laning is weird. I had Venge roaming in a game just now, well I assumed she was roaming as she came into my lane then left again but what she actually seemed to be doing was constantly checking for runes in the river. If she got one she'd come back to bot lane then she'd disappear off again. After a while the bots just kept getting stuck in a defending loop. They'd go to a tower to defend (sometimes walk, sometimes tp) then once the threat had been dealt with they'd tp/walk back to the fountain. They seemed to spend all their time at the fountain. I had to solo the opposing team (though they were doing the same stupid stuff as my team so not too difficult). I eventually wrecked all three lanes of rax and my team decided to follow the mega's in. Lion ran up the mid steps, blinked back immediately then tp'd back to the fountain. My other bot teammates then all returned to the fountain too!

Just what the f is going on with bots now?! And how many months will it be before Valve deigns to fix them?

Basic Member
    Bots constantly micro courier together with their avatar and it remains perma-'jacked'

I found a bug where bots who bought the courier are always taking it with them, like side-by-side with the hero no matter what