Thread: [Confirmed] Reaper's Scythe ignores Gravekeeper's Cloak reduction below ~47% HP

Exclamation [Confirmed] Reaper's Scythe ignores Gravekeeper's Cloak reduction below ~47% HP

I've tested this to the best of my abilities in an empty lobby, I'm not the most experienced tester. If there's something glaringly obvious I am missing, please tell me.

• My Visage at level 25 has 1780 HP and four points in Gravekeeper's Cloak(full charges).
    • My Necrophos at level 25 has an Aghanim's Scepter and three points in Reaper's Scythe.

Any value over ~840-850 HP causes Reaper's Scythe to be reduced as normal by Gravekeeper's Cloak(80% reduction), dealing negligible damage.

As soon as it crosses over about 47% of Visage's HP(closest I was able to test was 832HP/1780HP), Reaper's Scythe deals a fatal blow to Visage, ignoring the value of Gravekeeper's Cloak.
    Last edited by Granpire Viking Man; 12-13-2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: added bug tag

Basic Member
    Seems that it's coded in a way that Cloak only gets into the equation after calculating the damage instance (takin magic resist from items and innate into account, but not from cloak). In other words, if there's no Grave or False Promise, it immediately kills if below a specific percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    Seems that it's coded in a way that Cloak only gets into the equation after calculating the damage instance (takin magic resist from items and innate into account, but not from cloak). In other words, if there's no Grave or False Promise, it immediately kills if below a specific percentage.
    No, this is because of how Reaper's Scythe killing blow is applied. It's the same reason why Blade Mail can't reflect it. The killing blow does not proc on-damage effects and Gravekeeper's Cloak is now an on-damage effect, so it gets bypassed.

Please, just call me buny.

Visage's cloak is not reducing damage done by Necrophos' ult

https://imgur.com/a/1g3lH#2lHYYVF

proof

It looks as though its checking to see if Visage dies before it checks to see if damage would be reduced. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed.

1. Get ulted by necrophos with gravekeepers cloak up with somewhere between 20 and 100% of the required health to survive

2. die like a bitch
    Last edited by Longshanks; 03-22-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    No, this is because of how Reaper's Scythe killing blow is applied. It's the same reason why Blade Mail can't reflect it. The killing blow does not proc on-damage effects and Gravekeeper's Cloak is now an on-damage effect, so it gets bypassed.

Well thats great. We know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it then.

Basic Member

[Bug] Visage cloak doesn't work under a certain amount of hp left, against Scythe.

As you can see in next gif I test the interaction between Necro's ult and Visage's cloak. GIf
    First time when I used Necro's ult, a level 3 Scythe the damage calculation worked perfectly, except that only one layer of Visage's Cloak has been used. It should have been used all 4 layers.
    Visage had 1780-829=951 missing hp.
    Now, you must be careful, because as Necro is getting intelligence his ultimate become stronger. Here's the strange thing, if you press Alt on a 25 level Necro you will see that the number is changed only for the level 2 ultimate, it becomes 0.8 . My guessing is that they forgot to change for the others 2 so I just assume that 0.9 (level 3 ult) becomes 0.95. Do not forget that Visage has 10 magic resistance showed in the first second of the gif.

Now:

951*0.95(necro ult)*0.2(Visag Cloak)*0.9(Visage M.Res)=162.62
    The combat log it shows me 163 damage and I guess its ok.

Second time when I ult Visage the numbers go crazy. With a total life 689 left on Visage it generates a damage of 688 even with 4 layer left on Visage.

TL DR Visage don't use all layers on Necro ult when calculation are correct. The calculation goes crazy if Visage life is under a certain amount of hp.

Basic Member
    what about raindrop and hood barrier?

Basic Member
    This has been fixed