Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Add "Set as captain" option

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Add "Set as captain" option

In many CM games a person who has no idea how to pick or just doesn't want to pick gets the captain seat.
    Adding a simple option to set someone else as captain would be very useful.
    Also a nice icon could be displayed over captains nickname (crown for example).

Basic Member
    I think being a captain is always a good experience, and if the captain is not confident, he will start to seek help in his teammates, and therefore increasing communication, I think it's really great to have the less confident player as captain, at least for public games.

Basic Member
    Maybe but I often find myself in a situation when the captain just asks "what to pick" and waits for the list of picks and bans. I just want an option to prevent such things.

I agree with a "grant captain privileges" option for the captain, letting him swap with any of his team mates

I agree. Sometimes people want to play CM, but not be the captain. Communication helps them overcome this, but an option would help.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    Thanks for positive support, this subforum is so dusty, looks like not much going on here. I hope this thread will not fall into void.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTi View Post
    I think being a captain is always a good experience, and if the captain is not confident, he will start to seek help in his teammates, and therefore increasing communication, I think it's really great to have the less confident player as captain, at least for public games.
    This is great in theory, but it rarely ever happens.

If anything, at least give the team 10-15 seconds before banning/picking starts to nominate a captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Blossom View Post
    This is great in theory, but it rarely ever happens.

If anything, at least give the team 10-15 seconds before banning/picking starts to nominate a captain.
    I'm the captain who says "I suck, teach how to draft". And the nomination thing is discarded for those 3v2 premade teams.

The idea is good by itself, but let's think about realization. E. g. The game is found, players are locked and loaded, now what? How the captain is selected? If by vote, then players don't know each other. But this situation is suitable for pubs. If in team, this option will be very useful, if it happens that player who don't know much strategies and counterpicks or doesn't have any leadership skills, so the team can reassign the Captain. I guess the best way to do this is to call a vote for reassignment. Any ideas or visualisations?