Thread: Making the bots level right

Basic Member

Making the bots level right

I made a script yesterday (Someone else came up with the respawntable idea, not sure who) which can skill the right skills in the right order. The only problem yet is that you can't use the command dota_bot_reload_scripts with it, since then it will reset the variable totalLevelOfAbilities.
    Also, if you want to have a custom leveling system, you can make an array with all the skills to level up. E.G.
    Code:
      local skillTable = {LSA, DS, FS, FS, FS, LB};
    Then you can loop over them with the totalLevelOfAbilities, and as such make a specific hero build

Code:
    local npcBot = GetBot();
    totalLevelOfAbilities = 0;
    DS = npcBot:GetAbilityByName("lina_dragon_slave");
    LSA = npcBot:GetAbilityByName("lina_light_strike_array");
    FS = npcBot:GetAbilityByName("lina_fiery_soul");
    LB = npcBot:GetAbilityByName("lina_laguna_blade");

function Think()
        ThinkLvlupAbility();
    end

function ThinkLvlupAbility()
        local npcBot = GetBot();
        local abilityList = {LB, DS, LSA, FS};
        for k, ability in pairs(abilityList) do
            if (ability:CanAbilityBeUpgraded() and ability:GetLevel()<ability:GetMaxLevel() and totalLevelOfAbilities < npcBot:GetHeroLevel()) then
                ability:UpgradeAbility();
                totalLevelOfAbilities = totalLevelOfAbilities + 1;
                break;
            end
        end
    end

function CDOTA_Bot_Script:GetHeroLevel()
      local respawnTable = {8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 66, 70, 74, 78,  82, 86, 90, 100};
      local nRespawnTime = self:GetRespawnTime() +1 -- It gives 1 second lower values.
      for k,v in pairs (respawnTable) do
            if v == nRespawnTime then
            return k
            end
        end
    end
    EDIT: I fixed the leveling now that it works with reload script. Here is the code, you can copy it freely: http://hastebin.com/utuxafetij.lua
    Last edited by AgentPer; 12-18-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Basic Member
    I had the same problem with my bot starting his item buy order over again when I reloaded scripts. If you attach it to the global object (_G), then it works fine.

Code:
    if ( _G.tableItemsToBuy == nil ) then
    	_G.tableItemsToBuy = {
    		"item_tango",
    		"item_mantle",
    		"item_circlet",
    	        "item_recipe_null_talisman",
    end

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPer View Post
    I made a script yesterday (Someone else came up with the respawntable idea, not sure who) which can skill the right skills in the right order. The only problem yet is that you can't use the command dota_bot_reload_scripts with it, since then it will reset the variable totalLevelOfAbilities.
    There is a solution for dota_bot_reload_scripts. When you reload the scripts, you set up
    Code:
    totalLevelOfAbilities = npcBot:GetHeroLevel()

Basic Member
    What should I do if I only want to override skill upgrade? bot_lina.lua is a Complete takeover.

Basic Member
    @AgentPer This was the part of the solution I was talking about

Code:
     if self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_15") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_15"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 15
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_20") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_20"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 20
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_25") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_25"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 25
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_30") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_30"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 30
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_35") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_35"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 35
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_40") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_40"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 40
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_50") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_50"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 50
      elseif self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_60") and self:GetAbilityByName("special_bonus_respawn_reduction_60"):GetLevel() ~= 0 then
        nRespawnTime = nRespawnTime + 60
      end