Thread: [Confirmed] Cooldown reductions from talent trees stack additively with arcane rune

[Confirmed] Cooldown reductions from talent trees stack additively with arcane rune

They should stack multiplicatively. Octarine Core stacks multiplicatively with arcane runes.

The reason is very simple: If more sources of percentage cooldown reduction get added in the future, a combo would allow a hero to have like 100% cooldown reduction, similar to how you can currently have 100% damage resistance with Enrage + Overcharge. Also, on some spells (like Black Hole and Ravage), it already makes a huge difference currently.

This affects the following heroes:

* Abaddon
    * Arc Warden
    * Batrider
    * Beastmaster
    * Broodmother
    * Chaos Knight
    * Dark Seer
    * Death Prophet
    * Disruptor
    * Ember Spirit
    * Enigma
    * Gyrocopter
    * Legion Commander
    * Lycan
    * Morphling
    * Phantom Lancer
    * Queen of Pain
    * Rubick
    * Sniper
    * Techies
    * Tidehunter
    * Tiny
    * Treant Protector

Last edited by bu3ny; 01-06-2017 at 04:51 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    But muh cooldowns don't want diminishing returns! Interesting interaction though. I'm not sure what the expected result should be, since arcane runes are also a fairly recent addition to the game.

They are supposed to be multiplicative. Arcane Rune was quickly changed to stack multiplicatively with Octarine Core (it used to stack additively with it as well). It makes no sense to have it both based on the source.
    Please, just call me buny.