Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time required to connect too short. 24H Penalty.

just activated the fall pass .... and now i am banned for 24 hours... using mobile internet... please help. This problem started when i was playing a match won the match and got directly disconnected banned for 5mnts and no record of the game!!! and when i tried conncting ... it showed couldnt connect with steam server ... so troubleshoot few videos.. and reinstalled steam ...after that played a few games... and when i clicked ready the screen doesn't load and got banned for 30 mnts or so... and this morning finished a game ... and searched a game clicked ready and no screen loadout!!!! now banned for 24 hours!!! PLEASE HELP.

Once again, 24 hours banned. What a sad day for me.

"Steam Validation Reject" > Try to reconnect > Boom! MM Cooldown.

Basic Member
    Come on over to this thread:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=274412

That seems to be where we're trying to consolidate the issue, in order to try and gain visibility.

That being said, we've recently discovered a work around that has allowed me and 1 other guy (so far) to connect again and play without any bans (yet). It's around page 5 or 6.

Jesus, I'm on a 20 minutes CD. 24 hours ban incoming. This is so annoying.

on top of this the server auto kicks you if your ping is high and you also get the penalty gg wp. broke as f. needs a quick fix.

My ISP kinda sucks and my ping goes from 80 ms (US East) to >300 ms on the main menu (in game it's a stable 80ms). So...if I want to play this game I have to pray all the gods I don't get the Steam Validation Reject message and eventually the MM penalty.

PLEASE, GIVE US THE CHANCE TO AT LEAST RETRY CONECTION TO SERVERS 2 TIMES. Extend it from 15 seconds to 1 minute or so.

Basic Member
    Same here, why we have take penalty for game crash. Please help if there is expert here to look at the dump file.

Holy cow! We did it guys! http://store.steampowered.com/news/26747/

- Increased the timeout for players connecting to a game - from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.

THANK YOU!