Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meepo Bot + Puck Bot + Jungling/Stacking

Basic Member
    Sorry ironmano, it's me who borrowed your code without asking for your permission first. I'm really excited about your work because when i try to implement a new bot (just for fun) by using your logic code, it works! (never touch lua before, but i have experience in other programming language ). I add some tweak in your item_purchase_generic code (make the added bot to purchase + use + upgrade courier, buying wards, and tp scroll in case default bot doesn't exist in team). At first i only planned to just use it on my own. Then I try to uploaded it just for fun.
    So here are some questions for you :
    1. If I didn't use the mode_rune, mode_item, mode_ward generic file, will the game crash?
    2. If I make the bot back to base when it has low mana will the bot stay in base forever? When i have invoker bot with low mana, he will still fighting. So irritating to watch :P. And how to make it happen?
    3. Can you explain how GetExtrapolatedLocation(float fDelay) works, because everytime I use it to predict the enemy movement (for beastmaster wildaxes) he always go to the mid lane and cast it there even though it have a check for the enemy distance.
    4. How RandomVector(float lenght) works and what does length mean? I try to implement storm spirit to use vortex then random ult movement combo with certain distance (i assume length is the max distance to travel) he always go to the mid lane from top lane rune spot and then do the correct random ult movement in that area with right travel distance (I did it on -wtf mode).
    5. How I can make bot cast spell at certain distance in front of it as it reatreating? I use GetExtrapolatedLocation(0.5) for Void timewalk. Sometimes it work, sometimes it goes to random location but still away from the enemies location.
    6. The crashing problem happen because i don't know how to make it working correctly after i uploaded it to the workshop. Any solution? Do i have to change all the require path?

And here is my issue :
    1. Sometimes after the courier deliver item for bot, it stops in location where it start to give the item.
    2. Sometimes bot stuck on the side shop and I have to ping it to make it start moving (sometimes didn't work).
    3. When bot picking up aegis and its inventory is full the game crash (But now it fixed after the bot interaction with backpack updated, I think).
    4. The game crash when bot pick meepo and it start to leveling the ultimate (I do have the skill build correctly, don't I? Btw I didn't use mode_rune, mode_item, mode_ward generic file).

-- Set up Skill build
    local SKILL_Q = "meepo_earthbind";
    local SKILL_W = "meepo_poof";
    local SKILL_E = "meepo_geostrike";
    local SKILL_R = "meepo_divided_we_stand";

local ABILITY1 = "special_bonus_armor_4"
    local ABILITY2 = "special_bonus_attack_damage_15"
    local ABILITY3 = "special_bonus_lifesteal_15"
    local ABILITY4 = "special_bonus_movement_speed_20"
    local ABILITY5 = "special_bonus_evasion_10"
    local ABILITY6 = "special_bonus_attack_speed_25"
    local ABILITY7 = "special_bonus_hp_400"
    local ABILITY8 = "special_bonus_unique_meepo"

--use -1 for levels that shouldn't level a skill
    X["skills"] = {
    SKILL_W, SKILL_E, SKILL_R, SKILL_Q, SKILL_W,
    SKILL_W, SKILL_W, SKILL_E, SKILL_E, ABILITY2,
    SKILL_R, SKILL_E, SKILL_Q, SKILL_Q, ABILITY3,
    SKILL_Q, SKILL_R, "-1", "-1", ABILITY6,
    "-1", "-1", "-1", "-1", ABILITY8
    };
    5 If the hero that bot picked have an ability to create illusion (monkey king ult, arc warden ult => I already try to implement it), the illusion start act like a real hero (all monkey king ult illusion can cast all his skill except ult, arc warden illusion can cast its ult and buyback. Even the arc double act better than the real hero that act like an illusion in term off aggression to the enemy heroes and avoiding tower hit). Any solution?
    6. I try to make invoker cycle through his orbs to make the combination for the invoked spell, sometimes it work but sometimes it won't. I try to add a counter every time the orbs switched but it didn't work. Any solution?
    7. Some people experience the game crash if they go through the arcade style VS screen, but I never have that issue. Have any idea?
    8. When i implement the phoenix to the game, all the enemy bot are ignoring him. It's like he's the boss. :P
    9. I have some leveling issue with some heroes ( as far as i know it always this hero : Beastmaster, Slardar, Ursa, Void, Luna ). They won't take ult at level 6 but they will at level greater than 6. If i try to leveling using -levelbots 1 until they reach level 25, they will do it correctly but if use -levelbots 5 and than +6 until they reach level 25 they won't do it correctly.The other works fine. I have the same pattern for all heroes except meepo. Here is the skill build example :
    -- Set up Skill build
    local SKILL_Q = "slardar_sprint";
    local SKILL_W = "slardar_slithereen_crush";
    local SKILL_E = "slardar_bash";
    local SKILL_R = "slardar_amplify_damage";

local ABILITY1 = "special_bonus_mp_175"
    local ABILITY2 = "special_bonus_hp_regen_6"
    local ABILITY3 = "special_bonus_attack_speed_25"
    local ABILITY4 = "special_bonus_hp_200"
    local ABILITY5 = "special_bonus_armor_7"
    local ABILITY6 = "special_bonus_attack_damage_35"
    local ABILITY7 = "special_bonus_unique_slardar"
    local ABILITY8 = "special_bonus_strength_20"

--use -1 for levels that shouldn't level a skill
    X["skills"] = {
    SKILL_W, SKILL_Q, SKILL_W, SKILL_E, SKILL_Q,
    SKILL_R, SKILL_W, SKILL_Q, SKILL_W, ABILITY2,
    SKILL_Q, SKILL_R, SKILL_E, SKILL_E, ABILITY4,
    SKILL_E, "-1", SKILL_R, "-1", ABILITY6,
    "-1", "-1", "-1", "-1", ABILITY8
    };
    If u want I can give you the link to my file.

PS:Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 01-09-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    7. Some people experience the game crash if they go through the arcade style VS screen, but I never have that issue. Have any idea?
    Actually, a lot of people experience the game crash.
    I tried it. At first, I thought it was just me, so I asked my friend to try it using their PC, but it just didn't work.
    If you're not experiencing this, I suggest you try to play it using different PC to check the problem.
    I'm still a novice programmer, so I don't really understand any of the code in the console.
    By the way, thanks for the work. I hope you can fix it soon.

Basic Member
    Actually, a lot of people experience the game crash.
    I tried it. At first, I thought it was just me, so I asked my friend to try it using their PC, but it just didn't work.
    If you're not experiencing this, I suggest you try to play it using different PC to check the problem.
    I'm still a novice programmer, so I don't really understand any of the code in the console.
    By the way, thanks for the work. I hope you can fix it soon.
    Thanks for the info I hope I can fix it soon. If you skip that. Will the game still crash? I just want to know.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info I hope I can fix it soon. If you skip that. Will the game still crash? I just want to know.
    You mean using that "Skip Ahead" button on the picking phase?
    Yeah, I've tried. Unlike yesterday, the game at least loads (the heroes are spawning), but then it crashes.

EDIT: Actually, let me correct my statement. The game crashed even before the heroes are spawning. Maybe I was just lucky that one time.
    Last edited by LuckMan; 01-09-2017 at 02:57 AM.

Basic Member
    Yups exactly its crash on me too after I remove my development folder on my dota 2 script folder. If u want you can try this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7c...ew?usp=sharing. Extract the bots folder in your dota 2 script folder SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\scripts\vscripts. See if it works.

Actually how do you know if the script you upload have been uploaded to the steam workshop? I'm afraid if it isn't uploaded correctly. Sorry I'm a Steam workshop newbie.
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 01-09-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Basic Member
    Yups exactly its crash on me too after I remove my development folder on my dota 2 script folder. If u want you can try this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7c...ew?usp=sharing. Extract the bots folder in your dota 2 script folder SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\scripts\vscripts. See if it works.
    Well, I'll be damned, it works now. xD
    Thanks.

Actually how do you know if the script you upload have been uploaded to the steam workshop? I'm afraid if it isn't uploaded correctly. Sorry I'm a Steam workshop newbie.
    I'm afraid I don't know. I've never done anything related to Steam Workshop. But maybe, just maybe, that's the problem here.

Basic Member
    OK good if it works. If the bot pick meepo and meepo try to level up the ultimate it will be crash. Still didn't know how to fix that. Sometime CK can trigger the crash too. When there is CK in the game it's print model error (yellow text) all the time in console. Maybe that can cause the crash.

Basic Member
    Ok, man, thanks for the warning. I'm playing right now, so far so good. xD

Basic Member
    Hi arz_on4dt,
    Don't worry about borrowing the code without asking, it's a public repo, I am actually glad to see someone working so much on new Heroes for it, because I'm concentrating mostly on new modes. If we can get this sorted out I'd love to combine forces and work together.

So, right away I just downloaded your code from the workshop and ran a diff between your code and my code. Your code never crashed for me but none of the bots buy any items or level any skills. Pair that with the fact everyone else crashes immediately on load without files in their "vscripts/bots" folder and it's pretty obvious to me its the build loading that is crashing it. I had a note in my commit for the mac osx fix that hardcoding the /bots/ folder instead of using GetScriptDirectory() would probably cause issues down the line. Since the workshop files don't go in /bots/ it can only load builds if you have additional files in that folder. and since mine all still say not implemented in there I get no build. I'll fix this in my next release asap, though it will likely break osx users again. Maybe I'll spin up Dota on my laptop on osx and try and find a fix too.
    So I believe require("bots" .. "xxx" ) at the start of files needs to be moved back to
    require(GetScriptDirectory() .. "xxx" ) for now Edit: I confirmed this fixes the immediate issue of crashing on load

To take a shot at your other questions.
    1)Assuming your trying to hunt down the crash, no this would not cause it, it would just make the bots fall back to the c++ implementation
    2)This depends on how you implement it. if you make a GetDesire() in an mode_retreat_invoker.lua that just commands him to retreat at low mana he will return to the fight as soon as his mana is back up as high as you set it.
    3)GetExtrapolatedLocation(float fDelay) returns a vector that is the delta to the current position they are at. So to get the extrapolated position you want
    Code:
    local npcBot = GetBot()
    local delay = -- whatever your delay time is
    local npcTarget = --however you are picking your target
    local castLocation = npcTarget:GetLocation() + npcTarget:GetExtrapolatedLocation( delay )
    4)I haven't used RandomVector() yet but try using it like GetExtrapolatedLocation() above
    5)I already have code in the utils file to do npcBot:GetXUnitsInFront( nUnits ) just pass in the distance you want to travel in front of you and it will return the location you want
    6)I think we've found the cause of this issue above.

your issue:
    1)this is default code issue. Everyone is having this problem I believe
    2)this is because bots are trying to go to side shop for TP scrolls most likely and we aren't buying them
    3)I don't pick up the aegis on bots by overriding mode_item_generic.lua to always return 0.0 to prevent aegis issues.
    4)Lets hope the fix above with the files is causing this. Otherwise I will look into it cause your code doesn't look different than mine for meepo.
    5)This will probably require writing code at the beginning of files to check if it's a real hero and acting how you want illusions to act if it isn't.
    6)I'll look into this once we get the crashes fixed. Haven't worked with a skill like invoker orbs yet
    7)Lets hope this is all related to the fix above
    8)This sounds awesome, will look into it
    9)I'll look at this after the crashing is fixed.
    Last edited by ironmano; 01-09-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Basic Member
    Thank you for asking my question and give some ideas of how to use some API function. Yeah, after I changed the parameter on the require function the workshop script didn't crash again at the start of the game even though I removed the bots folder from my script folder.