Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PubSimulator 1.0

Version 2: On the Radiant side, Treant still goes to Timber's lane.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    Version 2: On the Radiant side, Treant still goes to Timber's lane.
    I know, I wanted Treant to go to safelane on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Oh. It's because you mentioned that he would be in Prophet's lane, but on Radiant, it's Timber.

Nevermind, I see you changed to top on Dire now lol. Also, I'd probably remove the chat line, where Prophet says he's cliff jungling and st the start, since he actually never cliff jungles lol. Still loving them though, unbeatable by any other bots so far.

You almost had a rival AI, with someone uploading the AI called 'extreme push'

SPOILERS: It's a 5 Keeper Of The Lights on one team AI and they spam q and regen mana.

I'll probably check that "extreme push" out later, but yeah, you can easily "cheese out" all bots (pick 5 LDs or 5 Meepos or the broken monkey king bot). Even a decent draw/luna strat can probably finish the game in 10 minutes. That was not my goal (and honestly I don't care even if they win my bots with these kind of "strats").

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    You almost had a rival AI, with someone uploading the AI called 'extreme push'

SPOILERS: It's a 5 Keeper Of The Lights on one team AI and they spam q and regen mana.
    I am the author of ExtremePush. I've run several simulations against default bots and different other bots. See results: https://github.com/insraq/dota2bots/issues/1

The source code is here: https://github.com/insraq/dota2bots

I plan to add more pusher bots to the script construct an all-push squad

Quote Originally Posted by insraq View Post
    I am the author of ExtremePush. I've run several simulations against default bots and different other bots. See results: https://github.com/insraq/dota2bots/issues/1

The source code is here: https://github.com/insraq/dota2bots

I plan to add more pusher bots to the script construct an all-push squad
    I just finished testing your bots against mine (once you radiant me dire, once vice versa). They lost both games (they held the game longer when they were on radiant). By the way, is this the radiant advantage or something wrong with the API? every both I've tested is stronger on radiant!

My comments: It is a fun strat (which works surprisingly well tbh). I guess you haven't implemented their behavior and wrote their item/leveling builds and ability usages(right?). This is their main weakness. Valve default behaviors is just a 5 man death-ball without considering the objectives too much. They are just roaming around hoping for ganks, trying to defend towers (as 5) and once in a blue moon they try to push. If you want to implement the push-strat I suggest that you should make them push more often! Try implementing some behaviors or (at least) changing some of the modes desires. Unless you just want to just add some push oriented (uncoordinated) heroes to the pool of default bots (which can be successful and apparently a lot of people prefer).

Basic Member
    I just finished testing your bots against mine (once you radiant me dire, once vice versa). They lost both games (they held the game longer when they were on radiant). By the way, is this the radiant advantage or something wrong with the API? every both I've tested is stronger on radiant!

My comments: It is a fun strat (which works surprisingly well tbh). I guess you haven't implemented their behavior and wrote their item/leveling builds and ability usages(right?). This is their main weakness. Valve default behaviors is just a 5 man death-ball without considering the objectives too much. They are just roaming around hoping for ganks, trying to defend towers (as 5) and once in a blue moon they try to push. If you want to implement the push-strat I suggest that you should make them push more often! Try implementing some behaviors or (at least) changing some of the modes desires. Unless you just want to just add some push oriented (uncoordinated) heroes to the pool of default bots (which can be successful and apparently a lot of people prefer).
    Your test result is consistent with mine

It has a 80% winning rate against default bots. For other bots not so much (around 20-30%). My bot is pretty bare bone currently:

- It does have custom ability and item usages. But not levelling up, especially talent tree. I need to figure out the API for that.
    - I've tried to mess with team desire and mode override. However, there lacks APIs for calculating a better desires so I fallback to the default implementation.
    - I've trouble with courier and secret shops / side shops. Either the bot will stuck at the side shop or the purchase it not successful. Also the bot will feed the courier.
    - The bot does not know how to use TP scroll.
    - Keeper of Light is especially weak against Tank, like Shredder.

I am very impressed with your bots, especially Shredder. The ability and item usages works surprisingly well. Also secret shop seems working for you. The bot is quite mature and I've learnt a bot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by insraq View Post
    Your test result is consistent with mine

It has a 80% winning rate against default bots. For other bots not so much (around 20-30%). My bot is pretty bare bone currently:

- It does have custom ability and item usages. But not levelling up, especially talent tree. I need to figure out the API for that.
    - I've tried to mess with team desire and mode override. However, there lacks APIs for calculating a better desires so I fallback to the default implementation.
    - I've trouble with courier and secret shops / side shops. Either the bot will stuck at the side shop or the purchase it not successful. Also the bot will feed the courier.
    - The bot does not know how to use TP scroll.
    - Keeper of Light is especially weak against Tank, like Shredder.

I am very impressed with your bots, especially Shredder. The ability and item usages works surprisingly well. Also secret shop seems working for you. The bot is quite mature and I've learnt a bot from it.
    On my game, your bots pushed all top and bot dire towers into the base (got about 3-5 kills), but pub simulator's bots made a comeback, especially with Bloodseeker getting all the kills; the Keepers did use the ability to drain the mana, as the targeted hero moves around, and that scared the pub bots, but they got tons of kills and farm, to push onwards; probably one of the funniest matches I actually seen.