Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PubSimulator 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    Yes I'm aware that some of it belongs to ironmano (I talk to him often), he is also not that happy (as you see from the comments). No one is here to judge, and honestly I give you the benefit of the doubt that you probably haven't had time to add the proper referencing, but after a certain threshold of using someone's code, it is definitely necessary to do clearly mention his/her name anywhere you mention yours. After all, I don't think you have any bad intentions, otherwise you wouldn't thank me for using my code here.

Sure, but eventually when you are done with it, there should be proper referencing.

which is not hard to change. You can check out the ironmano's (FuriousPuppy) GitHub for an example (https://github.com/furiouspuppy/Dota2_Bots).
    Feels good to see my name on the contributors list for that "itemData.lua". Anyway I currently work with nostrademous and as for the referencing for codes, they were always there maybe not on the readme of the github but we still acknowledge your codes inside the file, which was ofcourse, a big help to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabunny View Post
    Feels good to see my name on the contributors list for that "itemData.lua". Anyway I currently work with nostrademous and as for the referencing for codes, they were always there maybe not on the readme of the github but we still acknowledge your codes inside the file, which was ofcourse, a big help to us.
    I didn't get your first sentence, but the rest is also not correct. My name was only mentioned in the shredder ability usage file (you probably can check the file changes yourself). Anyway, the issue is settled now, so I prefer not to talk about it.

PubSimulator V1.03 is out. I updated the old reddit post with some of the changes.

I'm going to need a successor soon. Let me know if you are interested.

A big shame the default bots don't use any of these new commands the devs have given the community, because they could really improve the bots for the new map; prevent them from running into towers for a rune, prevent them from wasting their mana (Dazzle 'E' and Zeus 'Q' in the jungle).

PubSimulator V1.03 is out. I updated the old reddit post with some of the changes.

I'm going to need a successor soon. Let me know if you are interested.
    Erm, your bots kind of cheat; Nature's Prophet was being chased by Vengeful Spirit and Bounty Hunter, yet he used his tress to trap an invisible Bounty Hunter, without being able to see him.

Also, Treant just walked through an enemy tower on mine (probably to place a ward) and got killed.

Tbh, it would be amazing if the Pub Simulator bots spawn camped you when you're all dead and they've destroyed the towers.

20170202123747_1.jpg20170202123932_1.jpg20170202124914_1.jpg

The following are Skywrath Mage stuck at the secret shop (gets killed by Timber after the screenshot and functions normally after), Treant got killed a second after the screenshot by the tower and Vengeful Spirit stuck at the warding spot, until Nature's Prophet triggered her to attack him.

As far as I know, it is impossible to see invis heroes with the API. If what you say is true, either of GetNearbyHeroes or GetUnitList sometimes return invis heroes. I would make sure that the hero wasn't being seen because of Bloodseeker's vision or the vision from Zeus's ultimate/w and if the problem is there I would report the bug to Valve. If this problem exists, it can cause serious issues in future.

As far as I know, it is impossible to see invis heroes with the API. If what you say is true, either of GetNearbyHeroes or GetUnitList sometimes return invis heroes. I would make sure that the hero wasn't being seen because of Bloodseeker's vision or the vision from Zeus's ultimate/w and if the problem is there I would report the bug to Valve. If this problem exists, it can cause serious issues in future.
    Honestly, he trapped the invisible Bounty Hunter.