Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Bot Full-Overwrite Project

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
    Invoker was stuck at Radiant for me, also some teleport visual glitch...
    Teleport visual bug seems to be a general problem with bots, not just with these.
    Quote Originally Posted by biejis View Post
    I PLAY SUPP AND SHOW WARD ALLGAME, PEOPLE NOT LEARN NOT CHANGE, PLAY DOTA FOR LOSE A GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Karyoplasma View Post
    Teleport visual bug seems to be a general problem with bots, not just with these.
    Ah ok, plus Luna's pet having it's fur pointing out one way. xD

Basic Member
    Put the current state of the bots on Workshop (still lots of work left to do, but a lot of people wanted to see it there so they don't have to use the Github path to check them out).

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=912978496

Basic Member
    Out of curiosity, what does "killing (heroname) softly with my song" in chat mean?

Basic Member
    I had a few games against it today, considering its from scratch its really impressive. Does a few things that other bots don't. I take it you haven't done logic for dealing with stealth units yet?
    Awesome work though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Out of curiosity, what does "killing (heroname) softly with my song" in chat mean?
    It a play on lyrics from a song from a bit ago. Really it is some leftover debug from when I was coding and drinking ��

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relent0r View Post
    I had a few games against it today, considering its from scratch its really impressive. Does a few things that other bots don't. I take it you haven't done logic for dealing with stealth units yet?
    Awesome work though.
    I have begun the code for dealing with line-of-sight juking for the bots. It is a larger modification so will take a bit; however, when complete it should be easily extendable to logical hypotheses regarding stealth.

Basic Member
    Also, a few things about myself so you guys understand why this takes a bit:

1) I am not a high-school or college student with a lot of free time. I am in my mid thirties, married, two younger kids.
    2) I actually like my wife and kids; ergo, I like to do things and spend time with them.
    3) I am a part owner and the Chief Operating Officer of a cyber-security company in the Washington DC area - this can sometimes require putting in 60 hr weeks when things get intense.
    4) I actually enjoy playing Dota 2 (I hover around 4K MMR currently)
    5) I like to be social and athletic - another time expenditure

With all of the above, it can be hard to find time for bot development. I am going as fast as I can, but, at the same time, looking for help from other contributors. I will get there on my own eventually no matter what, just might take a bit.

Final note - if you want to help, code, learn - I have no problem teaching (I used to be a teaching assistant for Sophomore engineering at a Univeristy at one point). Also, I did not know LUA prior to doing this. Don't let the fact that it is new or unfamiliar stop you in life. If you have a passion or active interest in something, it will take you a long way.

Basic Member
    Just had a match laning against Viper where he didn't seem to be in lane for the first 40 seconds. I wasn't sure whether to create an issue thread on the tracker since I haven't noticed it happening in any other match.
    By the way, do you know if it's possible to download replays of lobby matches? I'd be able to report issues a lot easier that way - it's hard to remember the details of bugs after the game is over.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveon View Post
    Just had a match laning against Viper where he didn't seem to be in lane for the first 40 seconds. I wasn't sure whether to create an issue thread on the tracker since I haven't noticed it happening in any other match.
    By the way, do you know if it's possible to download replays of lobby matches? I'd be able to report issues a lot easier that way - it's hard to remember the details of bugs after the game is over.
    AFAIK, you can't do lobby replays.

Regarding Viper, that would be a new one. You sure he wasn't messing with your head instead?