Thread: pfm, exr, tiff and other 32bpc exports

pfm, exr, tiff and other 32bpc exports

Why there is no option to export HDR image sequence from source 2 SFM? I prepared my scene in purpose of using HDR for later corrections, but there is no option to export 32 bit image.

And also - one more problem "write depth image" is desabled and I can not figure out how to enable it (maybe it is a bug and that is why this checkbox cannot be checked)
    1770e86fb56a417a9a4cae96512fa46b.png

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskophan View Post
    Why there is no option to export HDR image sequence from source 2 SFM? I prepared my scene in purpose of using HDR for later corrections, but there is no option to export 32 bit image.

And also - one more problem "write depth image" is desabled and I can not figure out how to enable it (maybe it is a bug and that is why this checkbox cannot be checked)
    1770e86fb56a417a9a4cae96512fa46b.png
    I saw this a while ago and wasn't sure what it meant, but now that I'm trying to get an environmental map of dota to use in substance designer and blender, the fact that sfm1 can export pfm and s2fm can't really sucks. Need that HDR format that sfm1 had at least.

There is no option to export HDR images because the rendering pipeline itself is not HDR, probably for performance reasons. This is why lighting blows out far more easily than in SFM1.

I have explained it a bit more in detail here: https://youtu.be/nFwJ7vFzgpk?t=1511

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOfS2D View Post
    There is no option to export HDR images because the rendering pipeline itself is not HDR, probably for performance reasons. This is why lighting blows out far more easily than in SFM1.

I have explained it a bit more in detail here: https://youtu.be/nFwJ7vFzgpk?t=1511
    Well that blows, I assume they'll add it for their ports of other games.

Seems odd that it would be for performance issues though, when source 1 games did have it as an option based on the bsp file?