Thread: IsLocationPassable questions?

Basic Member

IsLocationPassable questions?

Hi

Firstly I'm a bit confused, because if I called IsLocationPassable on a location returns by GetTreeLocation() usually the result is true. Apparently tree's aren't very solid anymore?

Anyways some questions:
    1. Does IsLocationPassable take trees into consideraiton?
    2. Does IsLocationPassable take the current bots collision size into consideration?
    3. Does it take units into consideration? ie like creeps and heroes ect?
    5. Does it take buildings into consideration?

Basic Member
    I only noticed that IsLocationPassable (GetBot:GetLocation()) sometimes returnes false for no reason.

Basic Member
    I assume you meant GetBot()... otherwise undefined behavior

Basic Member
    I have the same question. How did IsLocationPassable work? Is it based on certain hero( which I guess is not) and what make a location passable or not?

Look for "Passability" here.

Basic Member
    I have another question. Can I use that to determine whether or not the bot is stuck? Because some times the bot just blink in to the tree and ward spot or unpassable location.

Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    I have another question. Can I use that to determine whether or not the bot is stuck? Because some times the bot just blink in to the tree and ward spot or unpassable location.
    I haven't tested this too much, so I'm not sure how good it is. I would check if a place is passable before blinking to it, but I'm not sure any place where passability is false means it is actually not passable (i.e. I'm not sure if they are considering the trees that are being cut down or not and other similar situations).