Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The few things I believe DotA 2 should port

Basic Member

The few things I believe DotA 2 should port

I am supporting the implementation of some HoN hotkey mechanics to DotA 2.

Now before anyone gets all crazy - I know that HoN has countless flaws but there are some things I believe IceFrog, Valve and the DotA 2 community should stay open minded to.\

The list is as follows:

#1) The ability to hotkey the chicken to the "~" / Tilde button.

#2) You should be able to utilize mouse buttons to hotkey items.

#3) Fix the double-click to activate function. At the moment, if you right click in between attempting to double-click activate it faults. Unnecessary headaches ensue.

#4) Item shop hotkeys, zzzz.

#5) Double-click to activate skills, such as Q to use Puck or > Q to swap in.

This is just a very quick list I thought up and not limited to what I've thought up.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Last edited by FearRyder; 10-11-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Basic Member
    #4) is on the to do list, they already finished it but I think it's not rebindable so, for now, it's just disabled (simple console line)

Basic Member
    Simple console line? Is there somewhere on these forums where all my console inquiries can be answered? D:

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FearRyder View Post
    Simple console line? Is there somewhere on these forums where all my console inquiries can be answered? D:
    Uhhh

Let me check this I'll edit this post in a few

Edit: Can't seem to find how I activated this...

For my defense I activated this only once and by mistake... I have no idea how I did it xD
    Last edited by Mataur; 10-11-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Basic Member
    the only required feature from Hon is : Fast answering from unit. I'm going to throw my keyboard over the window...
    A short situation to explain how I feel :

We are 2 in the forest, suddenly Shadow shaman appears and shackle my mate. I have a stun so I stun the shaman to free my mate.
    Now what it's looks like when I play :
    I order my hero to stun SS
    My hero decides to move back to come closer (1 sec)
    My hero stuns (1 sec)
    The stun travels to SS (1 sec)
    The Shackle is over anyway my stun was useless due to the delay between my orders and the execution by my hero.

I never felt that on Hon, and I really don't see how I could handle this delay.

I am supporting the implementation of some HoN hotkey mechanics to DotA 2.

#3) Fix the double-click to activate function. At the moment, if you right click in between attempting to double-click activate it faults. Unnecessary headaches ensue.

This is just a very quick list I thought up and not limited to what I've thought up.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    1) ? If there are more people requesting it, they will probably implement it. But you are the first you I ever see to request the "~" to work with chicken Just bind it to some number atm.

2)You already can. I already have 2 item slots hotkeyed to my mouse.
    3) Agree.
    4) Agree.
    5) AGREE

Basic Member
    you can activate the hotkeyshop with "shift" and then open shop, then you can buy the items with numbers and so on, but i think thats noch the real hotkeysystem they will use!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pouloum View Post
    the only required feature from Hon is : Fast answering from unit. I'm going to throw my keyboard over the window...
    A short situation to explain how I feel :

We are 2 in the forest, suddenly Shadow shaman appears and shackle my mate. I have a stun so I stun the shaman to free my mate.
    Now what it's looks like when I play :
    I order my hero to stun SS
    My hero decides to move back to come closer (1 sec)
    My hero stuns (1 sec)
    The stun travels to SS (1 sec)
    The Shackle is over anyway my stun was useless due to the delay between my orders and the execution by my hero.

I never felt that on Hon, and I really don't see how I could handle this delay.
    I'm sorry... your point?
    You're completely off topic

And anyway if you have 1second lag on all your games... try changing your connection, because so far, I only have up to 150ms ping, it takes around .2sec for my hero to react.
    So either you're trying to troll us, and you miserably failed, either you are completely retarded, and you totally won this thread... your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    you can activate the hotkeyshop with "shift" and then open shop, then you can buy the items with numbers and so on, but i think thats noch the real hotkeysystem they will use!
    RIGHT that's how I found the hotkeys!!!
    Thanks for reminding it!

I think this will be the basic hotkeys, default ones, but until it's re bindable... no point in using those for me, this would waste as much time as simply clicking since I can't use the letters

The list is as follows:

#1. Not sure, but it's binded to toggle console ..
    #2. #3. #.5 Agreed
    #4. You just find it out
    sorry for my bad English ...

From Vietnam with Love - Lagest DOTA 2 Community in Vietnam: DotA-2.Vn

Basic Member
    +1 to all of this.

For some reason i also can't bind my mouse buttons to hotkeys or use the Tilde (~) to bind the chicken S: