Thread: New here

New here

Firstly hello I'm wondering how we use the scripts like bot_example scripts? I get that you create lobby and then go to edit but I'm stuck after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basic Member
    You will need to do the first part (minus the git cloning, unless you want my code).

https://github.com/Nostrademous/Dota...Debugging-Bots

Thank you for replying Yes I've done that part already

Basic Member
    So copy the example into the bots/ and make sure you have the correct hero_selection.lua heroes and go nuts

So when I did this part "Local dev script" nothing seemed to happen just that the bots didn't use items at all? I'm using somebodies lua script which should give any character certain items but it just doesn't? I created a new folder and called it "bots" because that's what I need to do just can't seem to get it to work :/

I managed to get the hero selection to work The only thing I want the bots to do is to ignore everything else and go to base when it's under attack and defend the base with me.
    Last edited by WHITELIONX; 02-28-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITELIONX View Post
    I'm using somebodies lua script which should give any character certain items but it just doesn't?
    Sounds like this is a script for dota 2 modding, not the bot scripting, as you can't "just give them items". You can only tell them to buy these items.

If that's not the case, we'll need to know the names of the files in your bot script directory, as well as the content of the script you are talking about.

It's fine I deleted them, especially now that I know I can change the hero selection accordingly Would still like to know how to get the bots to defend the base though lol, yeah it was to buy items but it didn't work so I deleted the scripts

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITELIONX View Post
    It's fine I deleted them, especially now that I know I can change the hero selection accordingly Would still like to know how to get the bots to defend the base though lol, yeah it was to buy items but it didn't work so I deleted the scripts
    Read this: LINK

That will get you familiar with the various ways of controlling the bots via scripts. You will probably just want to modify the mode(s) specific to defending to achieve what you want.

Appreciated