Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Manta with Bash

  1. #11
    Basic Member chukky-jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    890
    from balance purpose, i can see without fake bash illusions carrying MKB can be easily distinguished, then again i personally liked if this fake bash mechanics is implemented again

  2. #12
    Basic Member d.phoenixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,359
    Bump for awareness. A developer really needs to tell us if this is intended, because "fake bashing" in Dota 1 is very prominent on heroes like Faceless Void, Anti-Mage, Riki, Troll Warlord, that tend to get Manta with their Bash passive or get Skull Basher.

  3. #13
    Core Tester Chairraider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,417
    I'd suspect and argue that this is indeed a fix, the fake bashes are just a random wc3 engine quirk.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    I'd suspect and argue that this is indeed a fix, the fake bashes are just a random wc3 engine quirk.
    You say that like half the mechanics of DotA weren't just random wc3 engine quirks that we embraced and learned to deal with or use to our advantage.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by FiNGERS View Post
    You say that like half the mechanics of DotA weren't just random wc3 engine quirks that we embraced and learned to deal with or use to our advantage.
    Because it's true. WC3 had some very weird (unfixable) interactions.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno2wad View Post
    Was it? or is the site out of date? (http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/illusions)

    "Bash on Illusions

    Illusions may proc the skill Bash, however they will never deal any bonus damage, also the stun they place is "fake" because despite the animation the target can still move, also if another bash hits the unit while in this "Fake bash" state it will only prolong the fake buff, this is also true the opposite way, if a real unit bashes a target and then the illusion "fake" bashes the real bash will be prolonged."
    Ok, so that explains the dota 1 state. And what about dota 2? Is this bug of wc3 engine is in dota 2 now too?
    It's rather non logic to make manta style, so your illusions could use orb affects from your items, but for some unknown reason not for normal bash =/

  7. #17
    Basic Member d.phoenixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,359
    As someone has highlighted, if an illusion doesnt "fake bash", it could be very apparant to the opposing team which is the real hero amongst illusions.
    It is also a matter of game balance, because I remember people specifically buying Manta because of the "fake bashing prolonging real bash duration" mechanic.

    Chairraider, as a Core Tester, could you highlight this to the developer team and ask them what is their perspective on this issue?

    I personally would think that this "quirky mechanic" could do a makeover, which is to say, "fake bash prolongs real bash", but "real bash will take precedence over fake bash and will not prolong a fake bash", meaning its a slight buff and legitimize the mechanic.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post
    It's rather non logic to make manta style, so your illusions could use orb affects from your items, but for some unknown reason not for normal bash =/
    Illusions only get one orb which is melee feedback. Every other orb has no or a purely visual effect. (Okay, crits work but a crit is not an orb.)

    Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    I personally would think that this "quirky mechanic" could do a makeover, which is to say, "fake bash prolongs real bash", but "real bash will take precedence over fake bash and will not prolong a fake bash", meaning its a slight buff and legitimize the mechanic.
    I don't think this will get implemented since it would make perma-bashes possible with cranium basher (which was the only reason why it was recoded: to insert the cooldown on bash).
    Last edited by apoptosis; 03-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by apoptosis View Post
    I don't think this will get implemented since it would make perma-bashes possible with cranium basher (which was the only reason why it was recoded: to insert the cooldown on bash).
    Its rather hard to permabash dring teamgights when your illusions get killed in 2 sec. Even during ganks it should be bkb+manta+basher+pt which is rather expensive gear so, not much of a problem i think. or at least make illusions real bash with cooldown like 3 or 2 seconds

  10. #20
    Basic Member d.phoenixxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post
    Its rather hard to permabash dring teamgights when your illusions get killed in 2 sec. Even during ganks it should be bkb+manta+basher+pt which is rather expensive gear so, not much of a problem i think. or at least make illusions real bash with cooldown like 3 or 2 seconds
    You dont watch much of Anti-Mage in pub and competitive games, do you?

    Literally every fat Anti-Mage goes those items, which is about 30% of the games AM is ever in, so yes, they are prominent in games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •