Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Manta with Bash

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    You dont watch much of Anti-Mage in pub and competitive games, do you?

Literally every fat Anti-Mage goes those items, which is about 30% of the games AM is ever in, so yes, they are prominent in games.
    So what? Let's then disable bash on illusions because one hero from whole pack of 109 heroes when freefarmed for 30 minutes kills whole team yeah? Oh, may be 3 heroes. And what part of "make illusions real bash with cooldown like 3 or 2 seconds" you didn't get?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post
    So what? Let's then disable bash on illusions because one hero from whole pack of 109 heroes when freefarmed for 30 minutes kills whole team yeah? Oh, may be 3 heroes. And what part of "make illusions real bash with cooldown like 3 or 2 seconds" you didn't get?
    I was responding to this part:
    Its rather hard to permabash dring teamgights when your illusions get killed in 2 sec. Even during ganks it should be bkb+manta+basher+pt which is rather expensive gear so, not much of a problem i think.
    You mind losing that attitude?
    Games do go long in pubs and competitive scenes at times, and it is not uncommon to see AM with those items.
    So yeah, I was disputing your claim that it is "not much of a problem".
    It also does not matter how many heroes this problem affects. Morphling Replicate illusion giving the wrong hero the kill is a bug that only affects the game when Morphling is the game, it obviously needs fixing. Just because its a small problem does not mean it is "not much of a problem".
    U MAD BRO?
    Last edited by d.phoenixxx; 03-29-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Enough with the bickering.

What should be discussed here is when you are using a hero and items that allow fake bashing, should this mechanic be retained? Does it feel right or wrong?

It has nothing to do with how often this may be encountered in the game.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    I feel it's wrong because of the prolonging of the fake bash by a normal bash which screws up a bash ability (since with manta there are 2 illusions to 1 hero which gives double chance to fake bash).

If there is only the visual on the target without the prolonging bullshit I'm all for it.

Basic Member
    Think of the drama when PL enters the fray!

AM is going to taste his own medicine when HIS mana is burnt away for a change.

Also, since ppl on these forums seem to have the mechanics knowledge of a cat, i'm just going to clear something up.

SKULL BASHER/CRANIUM BASHER DOES NOT LET ILLUSIONS BASH, EVER. IT IS TRIGGERED AND SPECEFICALLY MADE TO NOT WORK ON ILLUSIONS IN EVERY SINGLE FORM WHATSOEVER SO STOP ARGUING ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT.

As for hardcoded bashes such as void and slardar, I guess it's up for debate. However, personally, I prefer the way that it is now where they cant bash.

Yeah, it feels wrong. I described my solution to this in both my previous posts: when hero have bash and it procs - it should work as always as intended. When hero with illusions have bash and it procs on one illusion then bash on that illusion can't proc for next 3 seconds. You bashed - 1.4 sec stun, illusion stuned +1.4, then illusion can't bash for 3 seconds.
    Any opinions on that? May be someone can see drawbacks here? Cause I don't and it's easy to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Also, since ppl on these forums seem to have the mechanics knowledge of a cat, i'm just going to clear something up.

SKULL BASHER/CRANIUM BASHER DOES NOT LET ILLUSIONS BASH, EVER. IT IS TRIGGERED AND SPECEFICALLY MADE TO NOT WORK ON ILLUSIONS IN EVERY SINGLE FORM WHATSOEVER SO STOP ARGUING ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT.

As for hardcoded bashes such as void and slardar, I guess it's up for debate. However, personally, I prefer the way that it is now where they cant bash.
    it does works for illusion with MKB right? i haven't checked this details yet

Basic Member
    Yeah, it feels wrong. I described my solution to this in both my previous posts: when hero have bash and it procs - it should work as always as intended. When hero with illusions have bash and it procs on one illusion then bash on that illusion can't proc for next 3 seconds. You bashed - 1.4 sec stun, illusion stuned +1.4, then illusion can't bash for 3 seconds.
    Any opinions on that? May be someone can see drawbacks here? Cause I don't and it's easy to implement.
    Yes, I do see a problem. Another illusion can stun for another 1.4 seconds which would give 1.4+1.4+1.4=4.2 seconds stun with 3 seconds cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    it does works for illusion with MKB right? i haven't checked this details yet
    No, since illusions cant bash!? And fake bash /= bash.

Quote Originally Posted by apoptosis View Post
    No, since illusions cant bash!? And fake bash /= bash.
    i was asking about the fake bash, just like my previous post on page 2 about MKB, should've been clearer though

then again, why don't it is half-implemented? :

illusions with fake bashes will prolongs real bashes
    real bashes will override fake bashes