Thread: Selling items requires multiple right clicks

Selling items requires multiple left clicks

Sorry, the title is wrong, it's multiple LEFT clicks.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn on option Shop always uses hotkeys
    2. Buy an item
    3. Open shop
    4. Try to sell the previously bought item
    Actual result: You have to left click on the sell context menu two times for the game to actually sell the item.
    Expected result: Shop always uses hotkeys does not decide to eat away your left mouse clicks.

Same thing happens when the shop search is in focus, it happens in both cases when manually clicking the shop search bar and with the option shop search gets focus on open. It also doesn't matter how you want to interact with the item, it happens when selling, locking, move to stash, show in shop etc.
    Last edited by 2slow4flo; 02-04-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    The King has arrived.

You're nitpicking. Just click both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time, one for focus, one for action
    At this point I'm afraid of your reports and what could further break for thousands more like your disable edge-pan for backpack to help people that can't use a mouse with 120px precision. Just leave it be

Just fyi the no edge-pan is hurting me too every game and I immediately changed it to MAYBE no edge pan while dragging in the backpack area:
    ou6nr4V.png

As for the hidden layer that needs to closed before proper interaction: If changing that breaks something else, obviously do not do it. Otherwise I am pretty sure it worked fine before the 7.0 update.
    The King has arrived.

Yeah I know you've reconsidered it, but I like nitpicking on you for it. You should have known by now that Valve devs are bad at following up on stuff.

As for the issue at hand, it's bad, since it seems broken on the back-end, and that could have unforeseen consequences that take weeks in Valve time to fix.
    Looking at past code changes, it seems an area that they struggle with (focus, violators etc.)
    It's annoying, but manageable for now - think of it as a protection layer

And speaking of this option, toggling Shop always uses hotkeys will always reset the hotkeys, even if you manually customized them in the dotakeys_personal.lst file - that's obviously not intended, it used to work fine some patches ago (before talent keys I think).

Ye that's fine I mainly posted that so I got it archived somewhere. I'm not expecting nor demanding a fix in the near future.

And for the edge panning, maybe it's time to git gud and use camera gripping instead (which is not locked while dragging items).
    The King has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow4flo View Post
    And for the edge panning, maybe it's time to git gud and use camera gripping instead (which is not locked while dragging items).
    Joke's on you, as I don't share items with my teammates. Ever. And, my camera controls are already top notch

@bu3ny

What do you think about this? It's related to the bug where context menus (e.g. to sell items) prevent movement commands etc.

Is this something that can/will be fixed or is the UI intentionally working in layers which have to be closed?
    The King has arrived.

Push
    The King has arrived.

Time for another push.
    The King has arrived.