Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Added Default Bot Problem

Basic Member

New Added Default Bot Problem

I have implemented a lot of new hero for the default bot. There some bots that sometimes screw up the game. Recent problem that I have is :
    1. Elder Titan always seems to screw up the lane assignment in result he always do dual laning mid or trilaning top or bot lane.
    2. I have techies implemented but sometime this bot just feeding by going to the enemy throne from mid lane from the start until the end of the game, but the strange thing is sometimes he can do the proper job like the default bot do. But if I remove techies from the hero choice, all the bots in the game seems to behave normally. And If I put it on the hero choice he can transmit that behavior to another one bot. But I'm not sure it's because this techies.
    What can possibly cause that? Is it because my script execution time is way to long? I always have 30+ ms script execution at the beginning of the game right after the map loaded and after that they only appear 10 - 20 times in the whole entire game.

Basic Member
    You are getting punished for trying to implement Techies. Erase all the data now.. don't try it again... There is a code of moral and ethical behavior to follow after all..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    You are getting punished for trying to implement Techies. Erase all the data now.. don't try it again... There is a code of moral and ethical behavior to follow after all..
    Seriously? Sorry, I didn't know that that kind of thing exist. Is it because you can cheat with techies? I can make the green mines blow up every time there is a hero near them, is that a cheating? Do actually I can't do that in bot scripting?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    Seriously? Sorry, I didn't know that that kind of thing exist. Is it because you can cheat with techies? I can make the green mines blow up every time there is a hero near them, is that a cheating? Do actually I can't do that in bot scripting?
    It's a joke just incase sarcasm doesn't come across that well.

Well, that hero would definitely be in a Co-op vs AI simulator script (similar to pub simulator).

I have implemented a lot of new hero for the default bot. There some bots that sometimes screw up the game. Recent problem that I have is :
    1. Elder Titan always seems to screw up the lane assignment in result he always do dual laning mid or trilaning top or bot lane.
    2. I have techies implemented but sometime this bot just feeding by going to the enemy throne from mid lane from the start until the end of the game, but the strange thing is sometimes he can do the proper job like the default bot do. But if I remove techies from the hero choice, all the bots in the game seems to behave normally. And If I put it on the hero choice he can transmit that behavior to another one bot. But I'm not sure it's because this techies.
    What can possibly cause that? Is it because my script execution time is way to long? I always have 30+ ms script execution at the beginning of the game right after the map loaded and after that they only appear 10 - 20 times in the whole entire game.
    I said in another thread how a slow script can make your bots dumb (I'm not sure which thread). If you are getting those running time warnings a lot, definitely think about optimizing your code.

Also nostrademous is definitely wrong, last time I checked, there was a 2 year sentence for implementing illusion based bots (like Naga or PL), I haven't heard anything about techies.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    I said in another thread how a slow script can make your bots dumb (I'm not sure which thread). If you are getting those running time warnings a lot, definitely think about optimizing your code.

Also nostrademous is definitely wrong, last time I checked, there was a 2 year sentence for implementing illusion based bots (like Naga or PL), I haven't heard anything about techies.
    I feel like making a well coded illusion hero will take some serious skill. Sure, basic dumb illusion implementations will be easy; but well coded ones that don't suffer from performance issues will be works of art, and while super annoying to play against hopefully they also push us to develop better bots as counter picks to them. Techies though, will be a cheese tactic, pulled out because someone wants prize money.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post

I only get once in the beginning of the game and then max 10 - 20 times (sometimes) in the entire game. Is that considered to be a lot?

I only get once in the beginning of the game and then max 10 - 20 times (sometimes) in the entire game. Is that considered to be a lot?
    Not really. "While" your running time is high the bots will become dumb, so if it is just for a few frames, it is definitely fine.

Basic Member
    If I have techies in a game my VM memory always reach a new limit (16+ MB ). Is it because there are to many remote mines in a field and I have MinionThink() for each remote mines. It makes my dota 2 so lagg. Is there any solution?