Thread: Hero Draft in Ability Draft

Lightbulb Hero Draft in Ability Draft

This isn't so much a bug as a needed change. Ability draft is popular, but everyone who plays it becomes frustrated at randoming base heroes that have such a massive variance in potential. There is nothing wrong with having weak base model heroes like pudge, cm, weaver, clinkz, but it would be amazing if drafting heroes was incorporated into the draft. Instead of randoming silencer and first picking sukuchi, you have to decide with your first pick whether you want to play silencer or have sukuchi. Later in the lineup you have to decide if you want another good skill or risk getting stuck with a bad hero. This change would increase everything that people love about AD, while doing away with a very frustrating aspect of the mode.

Basic Member
    Your idea is great! i love it! but i think it would be more conveninent if each player got an option to choose between 2 random heroes before choose abilities so that we are more likely get the model we want and not get in a "1st pick battle" before the ability draft.

Basic Member
    Wait wait, even better: include the hero bodies to the draft itself. This way you can first pick Shukuchi, Grow or... Centaur body!
    See what I mean? That'd be ultimate.