Thread: Lifesteal: Negative attack damage causes Lifesteal to drain the attacker's health

Lifesteal: Negative attack damage causes Lifesteal to drain the attacker's health

bu3ny already posted this bug but in the spring cleaning section: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=191137

With the new talents for Bane and Razor the amount of -damage you can give to a unit from these 2 heroes alone is -336 from razor & -240 from bane (total: -576 dmg). I'm sure there are other spells/auras that reduce your damage like Pit Lord Atrophy Aura or Vengeful Spirit negative Vengeance Aura.

So it is not unlikely to get someone into negative damage territory and that can hurt a lot:

Combat log:
    WrbqlQk.png

Bonus:
    Biggest single-hit self-inflicted lifesteal damage instance I could get: (at least it's not lethal)
    yvPse7Q.png

I think there are a lot of bugged interactions with negative damage or 0 damage instances that cause a lot of unwanted behavior. Maybe it's time to collect all these bugged interactions in one thread and fix all of them. Lifesteal & Borrowed Time should only apply to damage instances greater than 0, after reductions? (I think Borrowed Time negates the damage, so negative damage actually deals damage to Abaddon during Borrowed Time)
    Last edited by 2slow4flo; 02-07-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    The King has arrived.

lifesteal, mana shield, aphotic shield and borrowed time had this bug.

Mana shield and Aphotic Shield work fine still (bug didn't return for those).
    Please, just call me buny.

lifesteal, mana shield, aphotic shield and borrowed time had this bug.

Mana shield and Aphotic Shield work fine still (bug didn't return for those).
    So I tested negative damage in combination with lifesteal and it does no longer deal self inflicted damage (not sure when exactly this got fixed).

Borrowed Time is still bugged, you will reduce an enemy Abaddon's health during Borrowed Time if you attack with negative damage.
    Mana shield is operating as expected.
    Not sure about Aphotic Shield.
    The King has arrived.