Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help To Analyze Crash Dump File Please

Basic Member

Help To Analyze Crash Dump File Please

Can some one help me to analyze the dump file. I recently got crash randomly at 20+ minutes mark. The game run properly before 20 minutes mark but after that you can get crash randomly at any time. Can someone help me to find out what may cause that, please? I don't have any idea of what may cause it, because I didn't get any script error in the console. I have the dmp file attached.

Dump File
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 02-07-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Basic Member
    It doesn't appear to be with your script. The only thing I can see of interest, as I've had crashes before and it popped up, is an access violation. Inside the same folder as the dota.exe file, right under it, is there a file or a few files labeled similarly to your posted dump file with "accessviolation" in the name(s)?
    There's probably not much I can help with, but we'll have consistency among our crashes if so.

The only other thought I have is the game was taking too many hardware resources and was closed.

This is not my specialty though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbane View Post
    It doesn't appear to be with your script. The only thing I can see of interest, as I've had crashes before and it popped up, is an access violation. Inside the same folder as the dota.exe file, right under it, is there a file or a few files labeled similarly to your posted dump file with "accessviolation" in the name(s)?
    There's probably not much I can help with, but we'll have consistency among our crashes if so.

The only other thought I have is the game was taking too many hardware resources and was closed.

This is not my specialty though.
    Ehm.. I tried to remove newly added heroes that I've just added and the newly added codes too and it never crash anymore. It's seems I have to cycle through all of that and do the brute force check in order to find out what may cause it. Is that overused on hardware resource can be caused by my script? By the way, thank you for the help and the analysis, Sir.

Basic Member
    I had the same issue when I first started meepo of crashing late into the game like that with an access violation and it turned out to be trying to use a nil handle when illusions had timed out. With all the changes around hero handle lifetimes I'd look out for any changes you've made to any illusion based heroes or tracking enemy handles.

Basic Member
    Wups... my bad. It turn out to be an error on my enchantrees ability item usage ( Return variable that hasn't declared ). I'm so confusing because there is no script error in the console and she can always cast spells properly.

Basic Member
    What is this mean? "bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)". I get that error in pointed line
    Code:
    local npcTarget = npcBot:GetTarget();
    local tableNearbyEnemyHeroes = npcTarget:GetNearbyHeroes( nRadius, false, BOT_MODE_NONE );
    for _,h in pairs (tableNearbyEnemyHeroes)   <==============< This Line
    do
       if GetUnitToUnitDistance(h, npcTarget) < nRadius and CanCastIgniteOnTarget( h ) 
       then
    	 return BOT_ACTION_DESIRE_HIGH, h;
       end
    end
    Do I have to give it a check first before do the loop, like "if tableNearbyEnemyHeroes ~= nil" ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    What is this mean? "bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)". I get that error in pointed line
    Code:
    local npcTarget = npcBot:GetTarget();
    local tableNearbyEnemyHeroes = npcTarget:GetNearbyHeroes( nRadius, false, BOT_MODE_NONE );
    for _,h in pairs (tableNearbyEnemyHeroes)   <==============< This Line
    do
       if GetUnitToUnitDistance(h, npcTarget) < nRadius and CanCastIgniteOnTarget( h ) 
       then
    	 return BOT_ACTION_DESIRE_HIGH, h;
       end
    end
    Do I have to give it a check first before do the loop, like "if tableNearbyEnemyHeroes ~= nil" ?
    I think it is the space between pairs and (

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    I think it is the space between pairs and (
    OMG... Really? Let me try to change that and see if it resolve the problem. But I have the same miss type code in the same file and the other file and it's works just fine, or is it just a coincidence.

Basic Member
    Is it just wrong to put other function ( that do other thing than leveling up ability ) inside AbilityLevelUpThink() since it's only used to leveling up ability?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arz_on4dt View Post
    OMG... Really? Let me try to change that and see if it resolve the problem. But I have the same miss type code in the same file and the other file and it's works just fine, or is it just a coincidence.
    Well that's what the error seems to indicate with its error message. Also, it seems you want nearby enemies but you are requesting nearby allies