Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: February 9 Bot Update

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabunny View Post
    Would it be unfair if you know the networth of an enemy? Since it takes into account their current gold + total item cost(in stash/inventory/backpack/courier)
    let's check what's in enemy hero's inventory when bot saw them maybe more useful. I can calculate the networth of enemy hero myself and we will know if enemy hero has dust/ sentry while bot has invi ability.

Basic Member
    Would it be unfair if you know the networth of an enemy? Since it takes into account their current gold + total item cost(in stash/inventory/backpack/courier)
    haha bots chatting in ally to communicate the networth of the other teams bots.
    nice. :P

Basic Member
    Following my standard rule of thumb. If , as a player, you can't know this info, then the bots shouldn't either. Since you don't know how much gold an enemy has or what's in the stash, the bots shouldn't know an enemy's net worth.
    You can see the duration of Modifiers on enemies via the UI so that should be returned to bots on the opposite team.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbane View Post
    Following my standard rule of thumb. If , as a player, you can't know this info, then the bots shouldn't either. Since you don't know how much gold an enemy has or what's in the stash, the bots shouldn't know an enemy's net worth.
    You can see the duration of Modifiers on enemies via the UI so that should be returned to bots on the opposite team.
    I recently (unless I have shitty code) realized that the bot's don't know the Current movement speed of the enemy (even though as a spectator I can see it). This is something I wish was fixed.

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - thanks for this update... so many changes to improve botting.

God I wish I wasn't somewhat drunk right now so I could code with some semblance of certainty that I knew what I was doing

Basic Member
    I'm getting some errors:

Code:
    [VScript] Script Runtime Error: ...2 beta\game\dota\scripts\vscripts\bots/decision_tree.lua:355: attempt to call method 'NumQueuedActions' (a nil value)
    Calling code:
    Code:
    if bot:NumQueuedActions() > 1 then
    is it not unit-scoped? it has to be...

Yup. Thats why GetNetWorth should not work with enemy units.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarbreez View Post
    let's check what's in enemy hero's inventory when bot saw them maybe more useful. I can calculate the networth of enemy hero myself and we will know if enemy hero has dust/ sentry while bot has invi ability.
    Yes this is much better than getting the actual networth of the enemy bot. Since it's unfair, and you can also itemize against them by doing this.

Basic Member
    You can already read an enemy's inventory by looping GetItemInSlot(0-8) and using GetName() on the returned handles.
    Then use GetItemCost() and add the results together to get the total.

This is the function I use:

Code:
    function InvValue(unit)
        if unit == nil or unit:IsHero() == false
        then
            return -1;
        end

local value = 0;

for i=0,8
        do
            if unit:GetItemInSlot(i) ~= nil
            then
                local iis = unit:GetItemInSlot(i);
                local iisn = iis:GetName();

if GetItemCost(iisn) ~= nil and GetItemCost(iisn) > 0
                then
                    value = value + GetItemCost(iisn);
                end
            end
        end

return value;

end

Basic Member
    Anyone else having an issue where any of the MoveToUnit actions makes the hero idle instead?

Basic Member
    Anyone else having an issue where any of the MoveToUnit actions makes the hero idle instead?
    Yes, MoveToLocation makes my hero idle