Thread: "Always on top" fullscreen for dual monitors?

Basic Member

"Always on top" fullscreen for dual monitors?

So, I use two monitors and I noticed that Dota2 won't hold my mouse on one screen unless a game is going on.

However, when I click outside of Dota2's screen, the game minimizes and that takes a lot of time.

While I do have the option of using bordeless windowed, the performance drops a lot when using this setting.
    what do you think of an option for those with dual monitors, where the game won't minimize when losing focus over the game? So, in essence, I'd still be using "Fullscreen", but I'd also be able to do something else on my other monitor(which I am using for IRC atm).

Do you think it is possible without causing a significant drop in performance(like windowed), or would it be fine?

OBVIOUSLY this would be an option, preferably exclusive for users with multiple screens(as I don't see the use for this on on one screen, unless it would somehow stay on the background while other stuff happen "over" it)

"Discuss"(I really don't know how to wrap a topic!)

Basic Member
    Until you get a reply regarding a fix and so on I recommend this simple program; http://www.mediafire.com/?qkhdezp8t8f6vjz

It will only allow you to move your mouse within a certain area of your screen(s) when a "focus window" is open, this will be entered as an application, this should apparently be DotA 2.

Might be slightly troublesome, but I assure you that it will work so long as you set it up properly.

Basic Member
    The problem isn't having the mouse inside the screen, but to do other stuff while the screen is open. This is how it is right now, when on Fullscreen:

- Monitor 1 has Dota2
    - Monitor 2 has something else(IRC, for example)

- During games, Mouse only goes on Monitor 1 unless I alt-tab
    - Outside games(ex. waiting for people to connect), mouse goes on both windows.

- Clicking outside of Monitor 1 will cause the game to minimize, and it takes a lot of time for it to go back.

The suggestion:
    - When clicking outside of monitor 1(aka. when losing focus of Dota2 window), do NOT minimize the game.

I just wonder if that is actually possible!

Maybe a "Limit Mouse Cursor to active screen" option in settings? I'm on crossover games, so if I click on my second desktop (which can easily happen with all of the intense whipping around), sometimes DOTA2 gets stuck in an infinite minimize loop.

Basic Member
    Zephirdd: I support your suggestion!

Basic Member
    Start the game with -noborder -windowed in the launch options