Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: February 13 Bot Update

Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    All locations are vectors. All vectors can be accessed by X = vec[1], Y = vec[2], Z = vec[3]. So yes, you can do that.
    you can also use vec.x, vec.y and vec.z

Basic Member
    I Just want to thank ChrisC for Correcting the Build Bugs and problems of Default Bots in this patch!

Edit: Oops.... It Seems That I Forgot to mention something....

For the following heroes there is a same Problem (Building the HotD, Please Search for "item_helm_of_the_dominator"):

Dragon Knight, Sven, Draw Ranger

Code:
    There is no 
    	"item_headdress"				"ITEM_EXTENSION"
    It needs to Change to:
    	"item_ring_of_regen"		"ITEM_CORE"
    	"item_branches"		"ITEM_CORE"
    	"item_recipe_headdress"		"ITEM_CORE"
    	"item_headdress"		"ITEM_DERIVED"
    Last edited by fandogh; 02-14-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Basic Member
    @ChrisC - UseShrine is still broken in the manner that it doesn't seem to "pop" the ActionPush_UseShrine() from the ActionQueue. Also wiki only lists ACTION_TYPE from 0 - 8, seems BOT_ACTION_TYPE_SHRINE is 9.

Currently what happen to me is when I do the ActionPush_UseShrine() the bot uses the shrine but never leaves the shrine even though shrine effect is complete. Printing out my current and queued ACTION TYPE I see this just loop on forever:

Code:
    [VScript] 317.577 [viper]: Current Action Type: 9
    [VScript] 317.577 [viper]: [0] Queued Action Type: 2

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKIM View Post
    Hi Chris

Here u mentioned GetAmountAlongLane returns a table consisting amount and distance. but in Implementation http://docs.moddota.com/lua_bots/ here it returs float. can u explain how does this function works??

Thanks
    Uh, yeah, that's a typo in my code. No idea how it even compiles. Will fix.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum_dota2 View Post
    THANK YOU! A quick question: how computationally expensive is this? i.e. did you implement it in O(1), O(log(1/eps)) or O(1/eps)?
    It's relatively cheap, it does iterate over the lane segments but the math is pretty simple for each segment.

Basic Member
    bots still aren't using courier, tho

also, FindAoELocation doesn't seem to care about its bEnemies flag, the bot tends to cast its spells toward heroes/creeps on any team if there are no enemies to target

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Deeds View Post
    bots still aren't using courier, tho

also, FindAoELocation doesn't seem to care about its bEnemies flag, the bot tends to cast its spells toward heroes/creeps on any team if there are no enemies to target
    Thank God someone else has noticed and said it lol.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Deeds View Post
    What are you seeing as a return value? Are you seeing "count" > 0? A quick glance at the code didn't reveal anything obviously broken.

Basic Member
    Any chance you took a gander at the Shrine issue I mentioned above? I can write code around it to clear the queue but it is a bandaid

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    Any chance you took a gander at the Shrine issue I mentioned above? I can write code around it to clear the queue but it is a bandaid
    Should be fixed in today's update.