Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SimplyBetterBots (2017-01-07) is closed? Reporting a bug...

Basic Member

SimplyBetterBots (2017-01-07) is closed? Reporting a bug...

20170214023953_1.jpg

The bots are no longer buying items and i don't know why.

I understand that this bot script is an "update" of the default bots of the game and for this reason it does not need to have constant updates by the creator of the script, but it has been a while since there is no news and it is a very useful script . Does anyone know if the creator of this script has abandoned the project or something like this?

Please, don't leave! I love u! :3

Basic Member
    I have that problem too. Ive been searching for scripts but I cant find one.

Basic Member
    Look, on Feb 9th, some major redesign of Action usage happened. So until the bot creator updates the code to address the changes the bots won't work.

For example: Action_PurchaseItem() got renamed to ActionImmediate_PurchaseItem()

Basic Member
    Is there any way to fix bots manually?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arpln View Post
    Is there any way to fix bots manually?
    Well, the best reply is "write your own"... but it's a tall task that is fearsome to many. You need the source code to do this.. so either find the source code, fix it, use it OR write your own OR find another source code to use. Here is my for example: https://github.com/Nostrademous/Dota2-FullOverwrite

Basic Member
    Thanks a lot sir.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrademous View Post
    Well, the best reply is "write your own"... but it's a tall task that is fearsome to many. You need the source code to do this.. so either find the source code, fix it, use it OR write your own OR find another source code to use. Here is my for example: https://github.com/Nostrademous/Dota2-FullOverwrite
    Sorry for the delay. I thank you too, my friend!

If it does not bother you, could you answer two questions?
    1. When we download a script through DotA 2, what is the PC folder where it goes?
    2. I'm looking to edit this script because the others are heavy and locking my game while I'm playing. Would you know a way to lessen the lag of these other scripts (without having to improve the PC)?

Basic Member
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\570
    then look through the numbered folders for the one you want., they dont have names though, you'll have to work out which script is which

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor_stwr View Post
    2. I'm looking to edit this script because the others are heavy and locking my game while I'm playing. Would you know a way to lessen the lag of these other scripts (without having to improve the PC)?
    It's pretty likely that if a dev designed their script inefficiently it will be a huge undertaking to modify their script for performance in most cases. However, and I would assume I'm not the only one that feels this way, if you're going to pick up a script and start modifying it please collaborate with the dev that wrote it. Especially if you're doing something like improve performance without changing the design goals. A lot of these project would probably welcome any help they can get and it would prevent the workshop from becoming clogged with a bunch of near identical scripts with different bugs in them

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavimaya View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\570
    then look through the numbered folders for the one you want., they dont have names though, you'll have to work out which script is which
    I found! Oh, bro, God bless you!