Thread: Matchmaking Ranked

Basic Member

Matchmaking Ranked

What sort of matchmaking is this?
    Ranked.jpg

Bully-the-solo-queuers matchmaking. I know it gives an unfair advantage but there has been complaints about players not getting a match for hours waiting in search so I think this is as result of something done to compensate for that.

Basic Member
    So its a lose lose situation no?
    Either you wait 30m+ for a match which will either be way unbalanced because of the wait time, or wait 10m tops to find a match with whatever was found regardless of balance.
    What happened to matchmaking? Why is the wait time so long now?

Basic Member
    Don't you understand? Half of the community above 4000 mmr is in low priority, so it's harder to find games for the other half. The second reason is people in the same mmr bracket become sick of this broken report system and quit Dota temporarily
    Last edited by Lanigma; 02-23-2017 at 06:25 AM.

I've made a thread complaining about this exact same issue as well, it's beyond stupid. A lot of the time the mm would put people that are 1k higher than everyone in the entire match on the stacked teams. So far the latest patch seems to be testing out the original solo queue system.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=277563

Basic Member
    People were complaining the matchmaking was too slow. You know they say "careful what you wish for". I always defended that no matter how long it took I rather play 1 quality match instead of 5 cancerous matches in a short period of time because of high discrepancy in palyers' ratings or attitude of parties in both teams. One party may be tryhard while the other party playing casually and not caring at all since it's party mmr for them. But I wonder why valve's brain works this slow?