Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming changes to bot scripting

Basic Member
    Do you guys think this subforum should be moved under "Custom Games & Tools" and rename that to somehow encompass Custom Bots as well?
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Do you guys think this subforum should be moved under "Custom Games & Tools" and rename that to somehow encompass Custom Bots as well?
    No. I think custom games and bots should be separate, in forum and in the workshop.

I'm thinking that although the bots scripts has been opened and the workshop page has also been stated, but there's a long way to create imaginative and great bots to against human beings.

Basic Member
    i think we just got our first forum bot in the bot scripting section, how appropriate lol.

Basic Member
    The bot script section in the workshop doesn't return any results for me ("no items matching your search criteria were found"), does anyone else have the same problem?

Valve Developer
    Just a quick update -- I've been really busy with other work but this isn't forgotten. Getting bots playing each other, and in general more accessible to interested players is something that remains high on my todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Just a quick update -- I've been really busy with other work but this isn't forgotten. Getting bots playing each other, and in general more accessible to interested players is something that remains high on my todo list.
    Alright Chris, looking forward to this.

Basic Member
    Hi chris.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=278890

please read, this has clearly been overlooked in the past.

nice, ChrisC !

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'd love for you to fix the screen when unassigned; I'm spectating bots and the map is fully dark for like 20 seconds, also no HUD appears for Captains Mode when unassigned either (bot experiment works with this mode, but I can't spectate it)

Edit: This was fixed a while ago.
    Last edited by DreadedGhoul575; 04-24-2017 at 08:03 AM.