Thread: Chat section still shows regional chat even when turned off.

Basic Member

Chat section still shows regional chat even when turned off.

This is a bug that I have for a long time I'm just lazy to post here. Now, I am annoyed by it so I'm making now.
    Reason I want this fixed is because sometimes I have a lot of chat going on and the tabbed chat window helps me to keep track of it.
    Now before I see any of those messages, I will be needing to click the arrow button to scroll right towards any particular chat.
    I turned it from the options, restarted the game, and it completely just ignores what I just did. I checked the options, IT IS TURNED OFF but I am still automatically logged in unto that regional chat. I know that I can just close those regional chat tabs but come on, you placed that option so that we can turn it off, why is it not working? Check screenshots.

570_20170223203159_1.png570_20170223203210_1.png

It's a very rare, very random bug with joining/closing some channels that gets configuration file corrupted.

To fix it,
    1. close dota and steam
    2. browse to folder:
    Steam\userdata\youruseridnumber\570\remote\cfg\
    - open chat.cfg with notepad / other text editor, clear it's contents and save it
    or
    - delete chat.cfg and create a new empty file named the same (must have show file extensions so it's not chat.cfg.txt)

Basic Member
    Thank you for your reply.