Thread: Filing a report with all 3 reasons checked may refund 3 reports!

Basic Member

Filing a report with all 3 reasons checked may refund 3 reports!

If you report someone for all 3 reasons it only uses up 1 of your reports.
    If that person than gets punished for all 3 reasons, which is very likely to happen because everyone simply checks all 3 boxes, then the players who reported him get 3 reports refunded, even though they only used 1 to report him.
    This is causing some severe report inflation. Especially in higher rating, where the player disparity is extremely low.

EDIT: Further elaboration:
    As far as I know everyone is getting muted AND LP at the same time. And mostly gets reports refunded in triples. Therefore the interaction I described has to be in power.
    How high are the chances, that someone gets muted and LP at the same time, if this is not how it works? At least this interaction only started happening ever since it's possible to check all 3 boxes. Before people only got one or the other.
    Last edited by hyva22; 02-28-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Basic Member
    I posted something like this over 1 month ago . I even sent private messages to all valve developers on this forum .

No one cares .

Quote Originally Posted by hyva22 View Post
    If you report someone for all 3 reasons it only uses up 1 of your reports.
    If that person than gets punished for all 3 reasons, which is very likely to happen because everyone simply checks all 3 boxes, then the players who reported him get 3 reports refunded, even though they only used 1 to report him.
    This is causing some severe report inflation. Especially in higher rating, where the player disparity is extremely low.

EDIT: Further elaboration:
    As far as I know everyone is getting muted AND LP at the same time. And mostly gets reports refunded in triples. Therefore the interaction I described has to be in power.
    How high are the chances, that someone gets muted and LP at the same time, if this is not how it works? At least this interaction only started happening ever since it's possible to check all 3 boxes. Before people only got one or the other.
    Finally, another person who knows something is broken with the reports and punishments. Some people have been saying this is why so many players are in LP and muted at the same time but no one is listening like Valve devs and also players that complain about LP/mutes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentrope View Post
    Finally, another person who knows something is broken with the reports and punishments. Some people have been saying this is why so many players are in LP and muted at the same time but no one is listening like Valve devs and also players that complain about LP/mutes.
    the report system works fine.. but if toxic players like you harrasses players then you will get punished by the report system... that is how the report system works.. doh