Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Daedalus ?

What the hell was the problem with the original Buriza-Do Kyanon? Ok, its from Diablo II, but I dont think Blizzard has a trademark on that.
    Also, DotA shoudnt forget where it came from... you know, the roots and stuff. And I dont see the problem on a little refrence here and there, a lot of game do that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    What the hell was the problem with the original Buriza-Do Kyanon? Ok, its from Diablo II, but I dont think Blizzard has a trademark on that.
    Also, DotA shoudnt forget where it came from... you know, the roots and stuff. And I dont see the problem on a little refrence here and there, a lot of game do that.
    You don't think blizzard has their game and lore/names associated with it copyrighted...................?

I couldn't even find d2s ToS but this is from WoWs ToS and this is pretty much standard in ALL games:

All rights and title in and to the Service (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, “applets,” transcripts of the chat rooms, character profile information, recordings of games) are owned by Blizzard or its licensors.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    KHADGAR'S Pipe of Insight
    LOTHAR'S Edge
    NATHREZIM Buckler

If they changed those what makes you think Buriza would stay?

Besides, DotA came from EoS, the WC3 map editor was just the platform that allowed it to be created, so technically DotA 2 should have references to the source engine, not warcraft.

Core Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    Who digged that out? Lol. Took me a while to get used to it, but Daedalus is fine and if heroes already refer to it then there is really no reason to discuss it anymore.
    Haha, I had a major "wut" moment when I saw this thread

Basic Member
    Really? This is being an issue? Daedalus is a fine name.

Just name it after a contributor.

Basic Member
    Or name it after Valve characters, like Freeman's Edge, or Blade of Grigori

Even though I've gotten used to it, I'm not a huge fan of the names Daedalus or Shadow Blade either. They sound too boring and generic, unlike most of the other items in the game.

must find a better name
    name with critical inside
    daedalus?
    thats not okay

Basic Member
    Nothing wrong with the name. Start calling it "get your Daed on", and people will catch onto it. Now it just rolls off the tongue.