Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: February 27 Bot Update

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I don't know what the entirety of your code looks like, but I think I agree with nostrademous -- basically I'd push the nil check up as high as possible.

On that "attempt to call global 'GetScriptDirectory' (a nil value)" error, that happens after the game's been running for 20 minutes?! That's bizarre, sounds maybe like a memory corruption, or a corruption in handles. Or something causing the script VM to shut down. GetScriptDirectory should definitely be callable at absolutely any time. I'll take a look at the dumpfile and see if I can spot anything.
    Hey CrisC, is there any chance we can get a reply from Valve regarding the Report System ? It's been broken since december .

If I use all my 3 reports on innocent teammates, after 1 game I get them back .
    I managed to submit almost 50 reports in 2 days . Does this seem ok to you ? Is the system working as intended ?

I currently have 2 accounts with 6.5-7k MMR each . All my friends are getting constantly getting muted and sent to low priority for no reason .
    Last edited by ghostdlr; 02-28-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Valve Developer
    Looks like that crash is happening when Enchantress is enchanting a unit, so it's making a bot of that unit, trying to initialize scripts, and somehow failing because it can't call GetScriptDirectory().

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Looks like that crash is happening when Enchantress is enchanting a unit, so it's making a bot of that unit, trying to initialize scripts, and somehow failing because it can't call GetScriptDirectory().
    So what should I do to overcome that issue?
    Here is my other post on that issue http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...=1#post1419450. I even have more than 1 hour game before it crash.
    Last edited by arz_on4dt; 02-28-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Valve Developer
    No idea, there's some bug that sounds like it's causing the VM to break, but I don't know what's causing it yet.

Basic Member
    There's a new update just now. Is there something new bot-wise ?

EDIT: nvm, you're fast at posting
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here